Scared

A\N: Another back in the day JIBBS oneshot. This is a fluffy piece set after What remains of the past. Enjoy, Angels.

Jenny sits with her arms crossed over her chest, a firm look on her face.

"No." She says firmly, staring at the Medical Examiner in front of her desk.

"Jennifer, you need it." Ducky tells her sternly, giving her a soft look, Jen shakes her head vigorously.

"No, I don't. I'd rather spend a week in bed sick rather than getting poked like a damn pin cushion!" Jenny argues. Ducky sighs.

"Jennifer, you need this so you don't get sick." Ducky reasons. Jenny shakes her head again just as Gibbs enters the bullpen with a cup of coffee in his hand, Burley and Decker behind him.

"Shepard needs what so she doesn't get sick, Duck?" Gibbs asks Ducky who turns to the silver haired agent.

"Your agent is even more stubborn than you are, Jethro. She's refusing to get the flu shot." Jenny stands up and looks at her boss, giving Ducky a glare.

"Because I don't need or want it." Jenny snaps at the bullpen, Gibbs looks at her, sending her a look that says 'we'll talk about this later.'

"Shepard, if Ducky tells you you need a shot, then you're getting it and if I have to come down with you and sit with you and hold your hand while you get it, then so be it." Gibbs tells his redheaded agent who gives him her puppy dog eyes. Gibbs just sighs and shakes his head.

"You're not getting out of this with those damned eyes, Shepard." He says. Jenny sighs and pouts.

"Gibbs, please." She begs pitifully, Gibbs sighs and motions for her to follow him to the elevator.

Gibbs doesn't know what's going on with his redheaded agent/lover but he knows he has to get her to get the flu shot before she gets sick and if that means sitting and holding her hand while she gets it, so be it.

Once the elevator doors close behind Shepard, Gibbs switches the emergency stop button on, encasing the metal box in darkness, Gibbs looks at his agent.

"What's going on, Shepard? Why are you scared of getting a needle?" He asks her, he recognises the signs of someone being scared of something, like a needle. He and Shannon went through it when Kelly had to have her shots.

Shepard scoffs and rolls her green eyes. "I'm not scared, I just don't want it, there's a difference." She snaps. Gibbs stares at her, waiting for her to crumble. It doesn't take her long.

"Okay, so maybe I am scared but it's the first time I'm getting an injection without my Dad being here and that's what scares me." She admits, her green eyes watering. Gibbs doesn't say anything as he brings his agent into a hug, kissing her head.

"Please don't make me get it, Gibbs, please." Her voice sounds so small in comparison to other days when she's arguing with him about the coffee being too strong. He knows he needs to plead with her to get it without hauling her over his shoulder and carrying her down to Autopsy kicking and screaming.

"I need you to get it, Shepard, because if you don't get it and you end up getting sick, you're at home for a week and we're down an agent  when we have to be out in the field. So it's imperative that you get it so we're all not suffering, please?" The Team Leader asks one of the best agents he's ever worked with. Shepard sighs as she pulls away from him slightly.

"I'll get it on three conditions: 1: you're there with me the entire time. 2: you get me any drink I want for a week. 3: I get to annoy the boys for 2 weeks. Those are my conditions." She tells him. Gibbs smiles faintly. If he's being honest he expected Shepard to ask him to get her a puppy for the bullpen.