Laurel: "Tommy, I was just talking about you-Ahh!"

I jump up and run over at the sound of her scream as a couple of grunts sound out. She tries to fend off two men and jump in to help. I take the flashlight out of my purse and hit one of them in the head, knocking him to the ground and allowing Laurel to run to her bedroom. I swing my flashlight at the other guy, but he catches my wrist and pushes me into a table. He goes after Laurel as the other guy gets up and rushes toward me. I land a blow to his arm, making him recoil as I kick his leg out from under him. He crumbles to his knees, and I hit him in the head, knocking him out.

I see Cyrus Vanch tase Laurel, and her body crumple to the ground.

Vanch: "I love women who can take care of themselves."

He cockily saunters toward me. I swing my flashlight toward him. He grabs the flashlight with one hand and hits my neck with his taser with the other, making me fall to the ground and lose consciousness.

~Flashback 8 years ago~

I decided to come home from college for the weekend, and Tommy is having a party at the house right now while our father is god knows where. I was enjoying myself till memories from my failed presentation came back to me, thanks to Oliver asking me how college was going. I faked a smile and said it was great but then excused myself to go to my room. I've been crying on my bed for the past 10 minutes. I don't even hear the door open and let out a squeak when a hand lands on my shoulder. I whirl around, finding Oliver in my bedroom.

Elizabeth: "Ollie, what are you doing here?"

Oliver: "I just wanted to see if you were okay. I knocked, but you didn't answer. Why are you crying?"

I try to wipe my eyes as I turn away because I don't want him to see me like this.

Elizabeth: "It's nothing, Ollie. I'm fine. I need a-"

He grabs my arm and pulls me into a hug.

Oliver: "Hey, I know it's not nothing. Otherwise, you wouldn't be crying. Please tell me what's wrong. I can't help if you don't."

I sniffle into his shirt.

Elizabeth: "One of the girls in my class took a video of me in the shower and posted it. Almost everyone on campus saw it. I keep getting harassed because of it."

I feel his arms tighten around me.

Oliver: "Don't worry about that prick. She's obviously jealous of you. I'm going to take care of this for you. When you return, show your beautiful, confident self, and don't let any of them take that away from you. You will get through this. Okay?"

He kisses my head, and I can't help but feel better after listening to him. I still don't want to go back, though.

Elizabeth: "Ollie, thank you, but I don't want to get you involved."

Oliver: "I am going to protect you, Liz. I promise."

~Flashback end~

?: "-Liz-"

I feel something on my arms as I hear a faint distant voice saying something.

?: "Eliz-"

What is it saying? I feel my body moving and something pulling me out of the fog.

?: "Elizabeth-"

I feel someone's hand cupping my cheek while an arm holds me up.

?: "Elizabeth, come on! Wake up, please!"

I think it's Tommy. I squeeze my eyes before blinking them open and seeing my brother's worried face before me.

Tommy: "Elizabeth, thank god you're okay. I was so scared. What happened here? Where's Laurel?"

Elizabeth: "Tommy, where- wait, Laurel? Is she not here? Oh my god. It was Vanche."

I try to get up, but Tommy won't let me.

Tommy: "Hey, who's Vanche?"

Elizabeth: "Cyrus Vanche. He and two men came in and attacked us. He must have taken her after knocking me out."

Tommy: "Come on, we need to go see Detective Lance. We are going to get her back."

He helps me up, and I see an arrow in his hand.

Elizabeth: "Tommy, where did you get that?"

Tommy: "Vanche left it for the vigilante. I'm taking it to Laurel's father."

I follow him to his car, and we go to the police department, where we find Detective Lance, and Tommy plays the recording device on the arrow.

Vance: "Make sure this message finds its way to the Vigilante. Do it fast because, at sunrise, I'm gonna leave pieces of this girl all over Starling City unless he pays me a little visit. You know, give us a chance to get to know each other better."

The recording stops, and Lance sits back in his chair, exasperated. I can't help but blame myself for not being able to stop him when I was with her.

Tommy: "What do we do? Can your CSI's, I-I-I don't know. Can they track this or-or trace it or something?"

Lance: "How did he know about Laurel?"

Elizabeth: "What?"

Lance: "How does this guy know Laurel is connected to the to the Hood?"

He looks between Tommy and me.

Elizabeth: "She just told me today while worrying about Tommy."

Tommy: "I have no idea. I only- I only found out about it myself last night. She, she, she said you knew."

Lance: "Well, just me and..."

He stops mid-sentence and looks around the room.

Tommy: "Mr. Lance, this maniac has got Laurel! You-you've gotta call in posse or something. I-I don't know, SWAT teams."

Lance: "I can't."

Elizabeth: "This isn't a movie, Tommy."

He rummages in a drawer for a moment.

Tommy: "Detective Lance."

Lance: "I gotta go make a call."

He walks away, leaving both Tommy and myself confused.

Elizabeth: "How can he just walk away like that?"

Tommy: "I have no idea. Unless-"

He comes back after his phone call.

Lance: "Look, the two of you should go home. I'm going to get Laurel back. I'll let you know when I have her."