It's not chittering, but it's the sound of what she spun around to find out was a board hitting the floor.

A skateboard, to be specific.

She waved her light towards where the board fell, and she finds Max. She's crouched on the floor with her hand up, shielding the light from her eyes as she picks up her skateboard.

"Max?" She questioned, letting the torch down. "Why didn't you say that you were in here?"

"Does it look like I have a walkie-talkie on me?" Max deadpans, and thought Violet couldn't see her face she was pretty sure her thin red brows were raised to her hairline.

Oh great, she's memorizing her facial expressions now.

"Okay, yeah." Violet runs her hand through her hair, she nods her head. "That's fair, I guess. Uhm, I'm guessing you haven't found Dart in here, then?"

Max shook her head, "Nope, and I'm gonna assume that you haven't found him anywhere else either? Same with the boys?"

Violet seals her lips tight, she shook her head. "Nope."

"Great." Max huffs an annoyed breath, "Where the hell is—"

The lockroom door opens and Max trailed off her eyes widened, she and Violet exchanged a worried glance, then she quickly stepped infront of the ginger in order to protect her. She didn't know who or what was gonna come through that door, it could very well be a fully grown Dart coming to rip them apart limb from limb with his godamn teeth.

She just couldn't risk it.

"What are you doing?" Max demands worriedly.

Violet cranes her neck, looking back at her. "I don't know. Just... stay behind me." Max didn't reply with words, only a short nod before the brunette turns back again.

She lifted a hand, preparing to use her ability if absolutely necessary. And with the other, she held up her flashlight so she could see what it was exactly that she may or may not be up against. She kept a sharp ear out as the footsteps approached closer and closer, and then she saw from the light of the torch that her powers were not needed.

It was just Mike with a broom.

"What the hell are you doing, Vi?" Mike demands as he crossed over, "We're you gonna... you know." He trails off, glancing warily over her shoulder at Max. "With her here?"

Violet rolls her eyes, "If it was Dart, then yeah I was."

"Wait." Max stepped from behind her, joining at her side. "What are you guys talking about? What was Violet gonna do?"

Mike glares at Max, "Don't worry about it, it doesn't concern you."

"Okay, one, stop talking to her like that." Violet snaps at him, "And two, why the hell didn't you say you were coming here on the walkie?"

"Don't give me that bull, Vi." Mike rolls his eyes, "You haven't told any of us where you looked. I had no idea you were in here." After he said that, he turns his gaze back to Max. "And what are you doing in here? This is the boy's locker room."