☁️ chapter eight ☁️

"I dunno what to do," Louis whispered, sipping some tea that Harry had kindly fetched him. It had only been an hour since they'd gotten the news of being seen, but it felt like a lifetime.

Harry nodded in agreement, "I didn't think we'd have to do it like this. I didn't want to come out to the world this way, I wanted it to be on our own time in our own way."

"I'm sorry..." Louis replied, Harry's response made him feel so bad. He knew this was something Harry had wanted to do on their own ever since the start. "It's all my fault."

"Louis, no. Don't you dare blame yourself for this okay?" Harry put a hand on his thigh, looking at him with pure intent.

"How can I not blame myselllllf?" He slurred, sighing frustratedly and pausing a minute to hopefully clear up his speech. "If... it wasn't for me... we wouldn't even be here right now" he said slowly. Being so stressed and sick was making everything worse for him.

"Lou, you have an illness that is completely not your fault. And me being here with you, is my choice. And I don't want you to feel any guilt" he said quietly, tears welling up in his own eyes as he looked at his sweet boyfriend.

Louis just looked at him sadly for a moment. He was trying to listen to Harry but the guilt still nagged at him. It wasn't just going to go away.

"Do you have ideas about what to do?" Harry asked him after a long silence. They both had so much going through their heads.

"No... not yet. Can we just sleep on it?" Louis asked, just wanting to nap. He had a show the next day and they were going to be getting back on the bus in a few hours. He still felt a bit sick, and really all he wanted was sleep.

"Sure honey," Harry kissed his cheek. "Do you want some brekkie? I'm gonna head to the cafe down the street quick. I'm starved."

"Juice?" Louis asked, not having any desire to even touch food at the moment.

"Boo, I think you need more than that, you've gotta get some food in you to feel better." Harry said gently, putting his hand in Louis' soft hair.

Louis huffed, but he was tired and ill and just didn't feel up to arguing. "A muffin then," he said, handing Harry his half empty tea and laying down again.

"Alright one juice and one muffin coming up for my honeybee," Harry said, pressing a kiss to his lips. He tugged on a hoodie and grabbed his sunglasses.

Harry blew a kiss which Louis 'caught' and pressed to his heart, giving a small wave with his other hand.

~•~•~

"I'm baaaack!" Harry sang as he walked into the hotel room, trying to lift the mood. "Guess what? No one even recognized me, I was that incognito! Got pretty lucky today," he rambled as he set their breakfast items on the small table and headed over to Louis.

Louis woke up from the light sleep he had been drifting into, looking up at Harry with a smirk. "Oh really now?"

"Yeah! It's been a long time since I've been able to pull something like that off! But thank god I did, because I wasn't ready to address anything." He explained, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

Louis nodded, "yeah.. dunno how you would've handled that" he giggled.

Louis' giggles. This was the first genuine giggle Harry had heard since arriving a few days prior.

"Yeah, I don't either." Harry laughed, kissing his cheek a few times. "Now, join me for breakfast?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well obviously," Louis rolled his eyes.

He was about to get out of bed, but Harry scooped him up into his arms instead, causing more giggles.

"Oi!" Louis pouted, "I can walk you know!"

The statement was meant to be joking and lighthearted, but as soon as the words left Louis' mouth they both froze.

Louis knew they were thinking the same thing.

He could walk. For now.

They were silent throughout breakfast, Louis just trying to stomach his food, and Harry lost in thoughts.

"I know how I wanna do it." Louis mumbled, startling Harry.

"Do what?" He replied, and then he noticed the look in Louis' eyes and he knew he was talking about addressing their relationship. "Oh... how?"

"I want you to tour with me," Louis whispered.

I know it's short but it's been a while and I'm trying to get back into it!! Pls comment any thoughts or feedback it's SO appreciated! 

-Bells 🌸