Chapter 24- Growing Pain

Chapter 24

I'm almost going crazy thinking about how to get to the hospital. Actually, Grayson warned me not to visit because I won't be allowed in anyway. Only immediate family members are allowed to visit.

As of now, I haven't received any updates because Grayson hasn't called me back. He informed me that Adriana's parents are on their way. He didn't update me on Adriana's condition or whether it's serious or not. I've been crying since earlier because of too much worry and anxiety.

This is all my fault! I should have stopped her because she wasn't okay yet. I don't know how the accident happened. I have so many questions and I'm frustrated because I don't know what's happening here! I have no phone. I can't even chat with Grayson and ask how Adriana is doing.

I paced back and forth, trying to think of smart ways to visit Adriana without being noticed. How can I sneak into the hospital without the guards seeing me? I don't know if Grayson can help me see her now that he has warned me not to visit Adriana. He made it clear that I can't go there.

I decided to turn on the TV to check if there was any news about Adriana, but unfortunately, there was none. I was about to turn it off when a news flash about someone unexpected appeared.

It was my dad and his candidacy as Governor for the upcoming election. I can't bear to see him like this, happy as if he never did anything wrong. He's such a hypocrite.

I turned off the TV, so done with news about politics especially if it involves my dad. He looks so kind on TV but he has the devil's behavior. I can't fully comprehend why I didn't immediately realize that he was behind my mother's death.

Him and my cunning uncle who until now roams free and enjoys life. Meanwhile, I don't even know how to hide anymore.  The thought of getting caught scares me. Now that Adriana is in the hospital, I'm pretty sure the media will rush to cover the accident that happened to her. I need to think of a way to visit her.

But do I still need to think when my worries about my girlfriend are killing me? Perhaps, I won't be at peace until I know what's happening.

So I decided to dress up and visit her. I'll just walk to the main gate of the subdivision and wait for a taxi. I won't allow myself to not see her tonight. I won't be able to sleep soundly until I'm sure she's okay. Never mind if it's prohibited, what's important is that I know Adriana's condition.

I hurriedly dressed up and locked the doors and gates of the mansion. I walked the long way to the main gate of the subdivision. I didn't care anymore; halos takbuhin ko na palabas ng subdivision.

Finally, when I was able to get out, I quickly hailed a passing taxi. It's a good thing that I have money, the salary Adriana gave me, I didn't even spend it. It's for emergency purposes or if there's something important, I need to buy.

Even though I hate it when drivers drive fast, I still pleaded with him to speed up because the longer it takes, the more I worry.

Mga ilang minuto nga ay nakarating na kami sa hospital kung saan dati nagwowork si Adriana.  I hope I can ask for Grayson's help to see her.  Or at least get an information about Adriana's condition. 

Wala na akong pake sa mga makakakita sa akin.  Kahit na makuha pa ko ngayon ng tatay ko, basta malaman ko muna kung ayos ba ang kalagayan ng babaeng pinakamamahal ko.

Nang mabayaran ko na ang taxi ay agad akong pumunta sa entrance.  Nakita ko ang guard na may kausap sa two-way radio nito.  Nakahanap akong pagkakataon dahil nakita kong nakatagilid ito at hindi nito mamamalayan kapag pumasok ako.

Lumingon muna ako sa paligid, at buti nalang ay walang mga tao.  Dali dali akong pumasok ng patay malisya.  Pero bago pa ko tuluyang makapasok ay bigla namang humarap ang guard at kunot noong hinawakan ako sa braso upang tuluyang pigilan na makapasok.