"I must've been mental to do this," he said in a croaky whisper. "Mental."

"Don't be thick," Harry said firmly, passing him a choice of cereals. "You're going to be fine. It's normal to be nervous." 

"I'm rubbish," croaked Ron. "I'm lousy. I can't play to save my life. What was I thinking?" 

"Get a grip," Harry said sternly. "Look at that save you made with your foot the other day, even Fred and George said it was brilliant" Ron turned a tortured face to Harry. 

"That was an accident," he whispered miserably. "I didn't mean to do it I slipped off my broom when none of you were looking and I was trying to get back on and I kicked the Quaffle by accident." 

"You'll do fine Ron, you just need to believe in yourself" I told him from across the table.

"Thanks Rory" He smiled at me.

"Hello," said a vague and dreamy voice from behind them. Luna Lovegood had drifted over from the Ravenclaw table. Many people were staring at her and a few openly laughing and pointing; she had managed to procure a hat shaped like a life-size lion's head, which was perched precariously on her head. "I'm supporting Gryffindor," said Luna, pointing unnecessarily at her hat. "Look what it does." She reached up and tapped the hat with her wand. It opened its mouth wide and gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone in the vicinity jump. "It's good, isn't it?" said Luna happily. "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway good luck, Ronald!" She drifted away. We hadn't quite recovered from the shock of Luna's hat before Angelina came hurrying toward us, accompanied by Katie and Alicia, whose eyebrows had mercifully been returned to normal by Madam Pomfrey. 

"When you're ready," she said, "we're going to go straight down to the pitch, check out conditions and change." 

"Good luck you two" I said to Harry and Ron as I get up to leave the hall with the twins. "Good luck" I give them both a hug as they leave me to head to the Quidditch pitch whilst I head up to the Gryffindor tower.  The frosty grass crunched under my feet as I walked down to the Quidditch pitch with Lee. There was no wind at all and the sky was a uniform pearly white. Lee headed off to his job of telling us what was happening during the game even though he did show a lot of favouritism to Gryffindor's. As I reached the Gryffindor stand I some people were singing coming from the Slytherins. I saw the Gryffindor team marching in single file out of the changing room and into the dazzling sunlight. A roar of sound greeted them in which the singing could still heard, though it was muffled by the cheers and whistles. The Slytherin team were standing waiting for them. The new Slytherin captain, Montague, was built along the same lines as Dudley, with massive forearms like hairy hams. Behind him lurked Crabbe and Goyle, almost as large, blinking stupidly in the sunlight, swinging their new Beaters' bats. Malfoy stood to one side, the sunlight gleaming on his white blond head. I saw him smirking at Harry. 

"Captains shake hands," ordered Madam Hooch, as Angelina and Montague reached each other. Montague was clearly trying to crush Angelina's fingers, though she did not wince. "Mount your brooms." Madam Hooch placed her whistle in her mouth and blew. The balls were released and the fourteen players shot upward, Ron streak off toward the goal hoops. Harry zoomed higher, dodging a Bludger, and set off on a wide lap of the pitch, gazing around for a glint of gold; on the other side of the stadium, Draco Malfoy was doing exactly the same. 

"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me" 

"JORDAN!" yelled Professor McGonagall making me laugh. 

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's ouch been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe. Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away" Lee Jordan's commentary rang through the stadium "dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger close call, Alicia and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?" And as Lee paused to listen the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands: