Chapter 12

We were walking to the restaurant. Apparently, it was really close by.

As we walked, I noticed I was talking to Cole while Lily and Oliver were shyly talking to one another. So cute. Reminds me of my old friends. ;)

Linda was literally pressing her whole body towards Lucas while talking flirtatiously. Lucas seemed to be ignoring whatever she was saying.

I glared at Linda the whole way to the restaurant.

When we arrived the waiter took us to a private room. Ugh, I am getting sick of private rooms.

We went to sit on a big round table and Lily purposefully left me a spot next to Lucas. I sat down next to him which made me very happy.

I was finally feeling better when I realized we haven't said a single word to one another.

I looked towards him and said, "Hi!"

He looked over and tensely greeted me back.

Well, at least he said hi back.

Linda didn't seem to like this as she started talking about how she was going to model for a new/famous bikini shop.

Ugh.

I was about to tell her to shut up when the waiter came to take our order.

We all ordered fancy food while Linda said she will just have water.

Ugh.

People around me seemed to notice I was getting mad so they tried to make me feel better.

Lily screamed and said, "OH MY GOD! IS THAT A WEDDING RING?!"

I looked at the ring and smiled up at her and nodded.

Linda scowled at this and I just smirked back at her.

That's what you get for messing with me. You should know that Lucas is mine.

M. I. N. E.

Wait.. He's not mine! I did not just say that. Ugh!

Why am I acting this way lately?!

As our order came out I hurriedly ate while people looked at me with amusement.

Huh.

Everyone was talking and suddenly Linda spoke up saying how she was finally single again.

She kept on hinting to Lucas that she was free and that he could always get her back.

I glared at her.

Lucas was looking at me while she said this with amusement flickering in his eyes.

Suddenly, I felt a hand touch my leg.

I was shocked and touched that big hand to find out whose it was when I noticed it was Lucas's hand.

Oh god.

I realized my hand was on top of his and he turned his hand around and held my hand.

OH GOD.

I was probably as red as a tomato.

I looked over at Lucas and I noticed him eating with his right hand smiling.

I was seriously getting whiplash because how his emotion changed so quickly. But I was smiling with him the whole time we were eating.

Oh and we held hands while we ate.

THE WHOLE TIME.

When we were done with our food, we left the restaurant and was about to go home when Lucas held my hand to stop me.

It sent sparks throughout my body.

Ugh! FOCUS HOPE!

Everyone quieted down and looked at us with smiles on their faces.

Well, except Linda. I just smirked at her which made her scowl.

Lucas said he wanted to take me home and I hurriedly said I would love that.

As we said goodbye to everyone, Linda came over and placed a lingering kiss on Lucas's cheek.

Time seemed to still and I was running towards her.

Guess what I did?

I slapped her face.

I screamed, "DON'T U DARE TOUCH MY LUCAS THAT WAY. HE IS GETTING MARRIED TO ME, NOT YOU! HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE."

Linda was raising her hand and was about to slap me back when someone put their hand on her arm and stopped her.

That person faced Linda and said coldly, "Don't ever touch what's mine. She's not a cheater or slut like you."

Lucas turned me around and led me towards his car.

My heart was thumping loudly by what he said.

He said I was HIS!

It could have meant anything but I wanted to believe he meant it in a lovable way.

We got into his car and he spoke.

He said, "Don't be so rash, you could have gotten hurt."

If my heart was thumping before it was now about to rip out of my chest.

He said that so concernedly which made me want to go and hug him.

But, we were in a car and I couldn't do that.

Soon, we arrived at Faith's house and he walked me to my front door.

Awwww.

You know those romance movies where couples drop each other off and just stare at each other.

Well, we were doing that now.

He had very pretty eyes. No wait he was handsome everywhere.

*sighs wistfully*

I was about to go into the house when Lucas said, "I will see you soon, Faith."

My heart started thumping for two reasons.

One, he said he will see me soon which meant I will get to see him!

What saddened me though was that sentence made me realize he knew me as Faith.

Not Hope. Just Faith.

I didn't realize it until I closed the door, but I realized I didn't like lying to him.