Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of birds singing!

NOT.

I woke up to the sound of Faith's phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Faith! This is Lily! I was wondering if you would like to go see Lucas with me at his office?"

It has been about four days since I went to the amusement park with him and I hated to admit it, but I wanted to see him.

He didn't even call or text once!

I stared at Faith's phone the past few days and would jump to get her phone whenever it ringed.

Everytime it was either a spam mail or text. Hate those.

"Hello? Faith?"

"Oh, sorry Lily! I was zoning out.. and yeah I would gladly go to see Lucas today. I have nothing to do anyways."

"Great! I will meet you in two hours!!"

I got out of the bed very slowly like a slug. I yawned and stretched and went to take a shower.

After I got out, I went downstairs to eat some breakfast.

I made myself some pancakes and bacon. Yum~♡

After I ate, I did the dishes and went upstairs to brush my teeth and change.

I went into my closet.. oh wait I meant Faith's to get changed.

I wanted to look pretty today. This was weird because I usually didn't care what I wore. Huh.

I looked through Faith's closet and I realized what it meant when there is nothing to wear. Literally.

Suddenly, my phone as in Hope's phone rang. I answered it.

"HEY Hope! How are you doing? How's Paris?"

Uh-oh.. this is Trang.. my best friend as in Hope's best friend and she thinks I'm in Paris..

"Hi Trango! Uhm.. Paris is amazing! Hahaha."

"LIAR I SAW YOU YESTERDAY AT ROME!"

I was where?! Huh?!

"Why is Faith pretending to be you?"

Uh-oh.

"Hope I know you're there. Faith is next to me right now so answer before I hunt you down!" screamed Trang.

"Can't you just ask Faith? This is all her fault! Also, I have to get ready for something. I need to go!"

Trang sighed and told me she will come see me by next week. I sighed back and told her to meet me at Faith's house next week.

I remembered Faith was next to her and screamed, "Good luck with Trang, Faith!"

Trang was very scary when she was confused or mad but overall she was really nice. Only Taylor, her husband, could control her when she was angry.

It was really cute how they met. Trang is an amazing swimmer and she saved Taylor when he was drowning at a beach. He fell in love with her and followed her around until she eventually fell for him too.

They are a very cute couple!

Anyways, back to what I am going to wear.

I chose to wear a light blue sundress that would go with my necklace and put on a little bit of make up on. I even wore the wedding ring even though I wasn't really married yet.

I thought I looked pretty and was putting on my shoes when the bell rang.

Must be Lily!

I opened the door and Lily was standing outside smiling in a purple flowy, off-shoulder dress. She looked beautiful.

I gave her a hug and locked the door making into her red sports car. Their family must be obsessed with sport cars.

As we made our way to Lucas's office, we listened to music and talked about random things.

Lily was very cheerful and nice which made me feel comfortable talking to her.

I asked her, "Why is Lucas so cold to people?"

She sighed and said, "He wasn't always like that. He just has a bad past with our mom which made him the way he is. You should ask him if you are really curious."

I nodded and just looked out the window.

Eventually, we arrived at Lucas's main office. I gaped at the whole building because it was so huge.

He owns this whole thing?!

"This is not that really big. He has like five more in different states," said Lily.

I just gaped at her and she told me to shut my mouth before a fly gets in.

That made me shut my mouth.

Gosh how rich are these people.

We made it into the building and a woman greeted us with friendly smiles.

"Hello, Ms. Silver." said the woman.

"Nice to see you again, Florence. We are here to meet Lucas!" said Lily.

Florence nodded and led us to his office.

His door was huge and she raised her hand to knock on the door when we all heard a very feminine laughter.

Lily told Florence she can leave.

Lily and I peeked our head in and saw a woman that looked like a model laughing with Lucas.

I don't know why, but that made me furious.

I saw Lily scowl and whisper, "That's Linda, Lucas's ex-girlfriend."