"They lack balance because of what lies ahead of you," she told him pointedly.

"Then we must spare the world the pain I will cause. I willingly submit."

"What lies ahead of you is your service to me." She walked around him now, like a predator cornering her prey.

"How may I serve you in death?" He asked her, confusion evident on his face.

"Your death is delayed." She assured him, "I once relied on a servant whose scales balanced perfectly. In exchange, I was bound to stone for two thousand years."

"But I have disciples all over the world whose scales balance perfectly, awaiting your command. They are worthy, my Goddess." Harrow turned to his disciples, but his eyes were glued to Arabella behind him.

"But you are the one that set me free. You are the Avatar that I need. Serve me, and you will find peace."

She placed her hand on top of his head, tilting it back. "Do not let the pain of the past control you."

"As you wish." Was Harrow's response before his eyes emitted a purple glow.

Harrow stood upright, his body surging with the formidable power of Ammit coursing through him. It was a sensation reminiscent of his days as Khonshu's avatar, yet distinctly different. Here, he was liberated to act upon his own desires, and the might he wielded was even more potent.

His disciples rose alongside him, their gazes steadfastly fixed on Harrow, their faces etched with awe and reverence for the astonishing power that their goddess had bestowed upon him. The group of Ammit's followers parted, creating a path for her as she walked past them.

"Let us purify the souls of Cairo and then the world." she declared as her followers tailed behind her.

Before she could approach the entrance that her followers had carved out, a swirling gray mist darted past her shoulder, landing squarely in her path. Ammit let out a low, ominous growl as she watched the mist coalesce into a recognizable form. Harrow's frustration manifested in a growl of his own as Khonshu solidified before them, his escape from captivity a perplexing mystery.

"Locate the one responsible for releasing him, and bring them to me," Harrow commanded Arabella, his gaze fixated on the weapon fastened to her side.

Arabella nodded in acknowledgment, her hand instinctively reaching for the weapon at her waist. With determination in her eyes, she signaled to her fellow followers, and together they fanned out, scouring the chambers in pursuit of the person responsible for Khonshu's unexpected return.

"Khonshu. Time has been cruel to you." Ammit told him as her eyes looked on at his appearance.

"Indeed." He answered, "I cannot allow you to proceed." He planted his staff to the ground to prove his point.

"My path is set, same as anyone's. I'm here to bring balance." She said as she approached him with no reluctance, circling him just as she had circled around Harrow moments ago, like a predator cornering her prey.

"You speak of balance, yet you choose him," Khonshu retorted, gesturing his staff toward Harrow while he kept his eyes on Ammit, watching her warily as he braced himself for whatever she does next, "Your Avatar is a sinner!"

"You're jealous of his loyalty," Ammit replied rather mockingly as she strayed from Khonshu to stand beside her Avatar.

"Loyalty at what cost? And empty world for you disciples to inherit?"

"Don't listen to him," Harrow chimed in while shooting Khonshu a stern gaze, "He only wants to keep you bound."

"Oh, Khonshu, for a God, you are low on faith," Ammit remarked.