Shopping

"Carmen! Get your lazy ass up! I made food!" I heard Dean call from the kitchen. With a groan, I flop out of bed. Feeling the cold drafts of the concrete, I look for something to throw on to warm me. The first thing I find is Dean's army green jacket thing, so I throw that on.

I waddle into the kitchen and sit down in a chair. "Why's is so fricken cold in here?" I ask Dean, who's bringing me a plate of pancakes and sausage. He chuckles as he eyes his jacket that's wrapped around me.

"What time is it, anyways?" I mumble, digging into my food. Dean cooks better than Sam does.

"Nine," Dean replies, looking up to watch my reaction. "What? Ughh, why so early?" I say with a glare, earning another chuckle from the green eyed boy across from me.

"I have the whole day planned," Dean says with a smile.

"What? What are we doing?" I ask, confused. We usually just chill here.

"Well, after you finish your breakfast, you have about an hour to get ready. And then we are going shopping," he replies, checking his watch.

"Shopping? For what?" I ask.

"I'm gonna buy you something," Dean says with a shrug, taking another bite of his food. "I don't know, don't girls like stuff like that? Free gifts and whatever?"

I chuckle at him while I down the rest of my food. Dean takes my plate before I get the chance, carrying it to the sink.

I waltz back to my room, wondering why Dean would be doing this. He's not really the mushy type, and today isn't a special occasion or anything. I go through my clothes, sighing when I decided I didn't have anything to wear.

"What's wrong?" Dean asks, coming into his bedroom to see my clothes all over the place. "I don't have anything to wear," I reply with a huff. He raises an eyebrow before gesturing to the clothes laying everywhere.

I smile sheepishly, which earns an eye roll in return.

"Well, a friend of ours, Charlie, left her bags here one time. I'm sure she wouldn't care if you borrowed a shirt or something," Dean mutters, walking over to his closet and pulling out a duffle.

I take the bag from him and go through the clothes, finding mostly nerdy t-shirts and flannels. There are a couple of dress tops and a few summery floral shirts as well.

I take a baby pink loose blouse from the bag and lay it out with my shorts, nodding in approval. Dean laughs at me before he takes his own clothes out of his dresser and heads for the restroom.

The shirt hangs around me in waves, hugging my figure in all of the right places. I top the outfit off with some sandals and head to the bathroom to fix my hair.

While my straightener is heating up, I quickly line my eyes lightly with brown and put on a baby pink lip. I then pursue to straighten my long brown hair.

"You ready yet, slow poke?" Dean asks with a knock at the door. "Almost," I reply.

"Well, hurry up, I have to pee," he says, making me laugh a little. "Can't you just go outside?" I ask.

"Well, yeah, but I'd have to walk all the way back to the front," Dean whines.

I laugh, opening the door suddenly, causing him to fall forward against me. I chuckle lightly, grinning as he regains his balance. I shift from foot to foot as he looks me up and down, his signature smirk appearing on his face. I roll my eyes, trying to hold back from calling him a pervert.

I can't believe I'm going through with this. I need to be looking for my family.

I sigh as I exit the bathroom. I wait for Dean in the kitchen, silently sketching on a napkin. "I didn't know you could draw," Dean says quietly, making me jump clean out of my skin.