R - par mr rathod aap Yeh kya bol.....
Imlie started yawning and Aryan took raghav outside for a talk.

Ar- Imlie you should sleep now, I have a few things to say to your husband! I mean mr hinduja , I will see you soon, get well soon...Bhaskar Times needs you!

I-woh raghavji...

R-imlie aap sojayeye abhi,mein Kuch der mein aapse milta hu

Imlie simply nodded her head and gave a half crooked smile to both of the men, Raghav was looking more confused With every passing minute. They left the room and raghav stopped a leaving Aryan.

R-wait Mr Rathod! You cannot go like this! What are you doing ? What have you told her??

Ar-what is best for her!

R-and what is that? Being lied to?

Ar- a lie said for her betterment is good for her, she deserves to be with someone like you, who is capable of protecting her,

R-oh my god this again! Mr Rathod it was not your fault! Malini chaturvedi said some horrible things to her, they jus told me at the office, something about her having to do with  imlie falling five years ago.they couldn't hear very well but that Is what terrified her!

Aryan was lost in his thoughts and barely heard a word Raghav was telling him he was thinking of how to convince Raghav to go ahead with his idea of letting  Imlie believe that Raghav was her husband.

R-Hello? Are you even Listening?

Ar- yes I heard everything, all of that doesn't matter now! What matters is that you be there for Imlie , for her now and for her future!

R- have you completely lost it? We are only friends and now she thinks I'm her husband! What happens when she remembers everything I will lose her as a friend too! And her trust on both of us will be shattered , do you understand this?

Ar- The doctors confirmed that it is less than 2% chance of her memory ever returning even after the surgery. I'm willing to take those odds if it means a better future for her!

R- but you love her!

Ar- I don't! I care for her yes, but our love was lost years ago but you still have a chance

R- you are lying ! It's clear in your eyes, your actions that you still love her!!

Ar- And that is why I must do this! Look Raghav I have failed her too many times, I couldn't be a good friend to her I forced her to marry me .., I raised doubts on the paternity of our baby when she got pregnant ... I let Ms Chaturvedi enter our life again and accused her of loving her ex-husbands child more than our unborn baby when she met with an accident.. and that too on the same night she had a miscarriage... I then I let  her leave not just me but her home, her family- Completely unsupported and broken .. look me in the eyes and tell me if such a person who has given her nothing but pain is right for her?

R- Mr rathod ... but Imlie might still love you!

Ar- has she said this to you? No right?
Raghav fell silent and shaked his head no.

R- but she doesn't love me! I don't want her to be trapped with me!

Ar- she told me in pagdandiya that she doesn't believe in love anymore because of everything that happened between us. I believe that you can bring that Imlie back who belived that love was one's life's biggest blessing and joy! Who fought for love!
Raghav had tears in his eyes, he didn't know Imlie had lost all faith in love , this was heartbreaking to hear.

R- but I .... I...I don't want her like this...

Ar- we can only choose to love the people who come in our life .. not choose how they come!

R- but I don't love her ...

Ar- don't lie to me not now...,I know you love her, you have stuck by her for the last five years. You care for Imlie deeply and it's proven not just by the things you do for her but also with the things you don't! you didn't care for your feelings and decided to bring us closer together just because you thought it would make her happy .., you saved my company so she could freely work at her job and be happy...,you convinced your retired father to treat her so she could live!

R-hmmmm but I can't lie to her! I have never lied to her, I can't do this!! I can't be a part of this!

Ar- raghav Imlie deserves to be happy ! This is not about truth and lies, think about this as what it is!

R-What is this?

Ar- this is about her happiness..

R- how are you so sure this will bring her happiness? I have my family to answer to! Even if I'm forced to agree to this because of you already making her believe that this is true ... that she is my wife! What do I tell them?

Ar- I'm sure you will think of something...
I heard Imlie say to mom how much your family adores her and what good people they are!  I am sure  Imlie will win them over, but promise me that you will win over Imlie!!

R- I need to think ... I can't betray my friend.. but you have left me no choice, have you? She's in such a delicate condition right now, we can't afford to rush her mental state by telling her the truth!!!

Ar- you finally see it!

R- just leave mr Rathod... you have done enough for one day...

Ar- I thought you would never ask.
Aryan left the hospital and headed to a bar to drink his sorrows away, he had finally accomplished what he wanted, now it remained to be seen what Raghav could do, his brain congratulated him while his heart called him a liar and a traitor!

While Raghav sat in his chair staring blankly at the wall...he ran through , every scenario he could imagine.. where he would tell Imlie the truth but each one of them ended in her being hurt and distraught, more than losing her trust he feared ...losing her to death !
He finally decided to call his entire family to the hospital as he had thought of a plan.

—////////———
Do comment and vote!