Chapter Thirty 7: The Despairing Side Of The Fight Between Married Couple (10)

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong, Grand Master?"

Simon, who was following Gerard from behind, questioned him upon his sudden halt.

"..."

He had to leave. If it was the Leila he usually knew, he might not have worried too much. However, she was currently swordless, and was also wearing a dress that made it uncomfortable to move around. D*mned mermaid.

Before he realized it, he was running toward Leila.

"Grand Master!"

Simon called Gerard, who bolted out of the blue.

"Go ahead! I'll clean up the situation and follow you in a moment!"

Gerard gave the order without looking back.

Meanwhile, the rebels who held Leila hostage were alarmed. Unlike other young ladies, the woman glared at them without an ounce of fear in her eyes. They wanted to scare the noble Lady as she couldn't seem to grasp the situation.

However, for a noble, her body was too firm. Moreover, she didn't scream or cry even though he put a dagger on her neck. However, the rebel brushed it off as if it was not a big deal. He took Leila hostage and threatened the Imperial Knights who were trying to approach him.

"Don't come any closer! You *ssholes! Stay in place or I get rid of her!"

Leila didn't miss the moment when one of the rebels who caught her was speaking in an enraged tone. The dagger that threatened her neck got a bit loose, creating a gap.

Taking advantage of the gap, she elbowed the rebel's stomach.

"Ugh! This b*tch..."

Leila escaped from his arm when the rebel bent out of reflex. Then she took out the dagger she had hidden in her sleeve.

Leila pushed the dagger into his shoulder with all her might. There was no unnecessary movement.

"Argh!"

She finally kicked the man's abdomen as he froze in pain. However, she couldn't use her feet freely because of the mermaid dress she was wearing.

She punched the rebel's nose, unfazed.

Crack!

"Uhuk..."

The rebel collapsed with a horrible noise.

'I'm glad I brought the dagger with me. Chloe's advice was good after all!'

Shaking her hands lightly and turning around, Leila's eyes landed on Derick, who was running toward her. Leila and Derick were far away from each other as the men gave up safe places to women and the elderly under the instruction of the Imperial Knights.

Smiling at Derick to reassure him, Leila stiffened for a moment.

"Derick!"

A rebel was aiming at Frederick with his bow. Leila's feet began to move without her realizing it. She didn't even notice her dress was ripped.

"Leila!"

There was another person who ran recklessly like Leila. Gerard Blanchett.

The rebel who was attacked by her suddenly jumped to their feet again and was about to lunge at Leila from behind. The man who wasn't taken care of by the careless knights raised his dagger at Leila.

"You're dead!"

"Leila! Get out of the way!"

Two people were running. However, their directions diverged, as if parallel to their hearts.