I playfully shoved her shoulder only for Mya to push me in her defense. "Little girl.."

"Don't be hitting my mama.." She cut her eyes at me and walked around to sit back in her seat.

"Right! Tell her My My.." Brandy laughed as I sat at the table. "Ima hurt both of y'all" I glared at them before starting to eat breakfast.

"You gon let them gang up on me like that?" I asked turning to Mazi.

"Sorry, mommy. This food is too good to take breaks." He said stuffing his face with more pancakes.

••

"How long will you be gone again?" I asked Brandy as I sat on the ottoman in our room.

"Four weeks... hopefully sooner if filming goes a regular pace. We have like a couple more episodes of the season to film and then I'll be on a break so I can be home permanently. Thank God.." she sighed from the closet and I nodded.

She recently started working on 'The Game' and at first I was all for it. I actually convinced her to take the role after she almost turned it down, but I regret that everyday.

Obviously, I'm happy for her but that doesn't make up for the fact that she's barely home now. Sometimes they film in Atlanta, but majority of the show is filmed in Hollywood, hence why she's barely home.

I wasn't sure if my feelings were selfish or not but it seemed like I was alone and I guess couldn't help how I felt. Nonetheless, I tried not to let those feelings dampen the little time that we do spend together nowadays.

"So, did you want do something right now or are you tired?"

"That's fine. Did you want to go to the restaurant you sent me?" She asked as she came to sit next to me.

I turned to her and smiled. This was why I couldn't stay in my feelings for too long. She truly did pay attention to everything even when it seemed like she didn't.

"Yeah, we can go there and then to the mall. I need you to buy me something.." I got up and went to grab my purse before he egoism respond.

"Anything specific or ?" She asked me as we walked out of our room.

"Benji, come on.." I called him over from his place on the floor in our room.  "And no as long as it's on your card we good.." I added with a laugh.

"Oh, okay.." She laughed.

••
Brandy's pov

"I know my card get scared when you come around.." I mumbled as I swiped my card paying for Monica's new bag.

"Haha... you made me like this." She fake laughed as the lady handed me the receipt and the bag.

"Whatever, did you want something else?" I asked almost like a reflex.

"See! You were just complaining and now you're trying to buy me something else, but since you asked I think we can take a trip to the Toya's store.." She smiled.

"Hell no! Her ass think she Christian Louboutin with them prices. Uh uh, it's almost two thirty we need to go get the kids, come on.." I pushed her in the direction of the parking lot so we could leave this mall before I went bankrupt.