𝐕. 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Marriage to Alyssa had always been something political. That's what her mother told her. Rhaenyra married Laenor for the kingdoms. She performed her duties as Alyssa would one day. So when Alyssa was forced to watch her uncle and mother wed she knew it wasn't for a political reason.

Her uncle and mother looked like they loved each other. More than her mother loved Laenor or Harwin. But to Alyssa marriage would always be a political agreement. She wouldn't do what her mother did. She may love her but Alyssa knew what they did was wrong.

It had been a month since the eye for an eye event and a month since Rhaenyra and Daemon had been married. Jacaerys and Lucerys were being trained properly. And Alyssa was happy for that, she knew Ser Criston was never doing his job right. But with Jace and Luke always training or with their cousins Alyssa remained in her own company. To be fair it was like this in king's landing as well when she wasn't at the side of Helaena or her father Harwin. She had got used to the loneliness on the island of dragonstone. She knew that this was better than being at Kings Landing with all the reminder of her father.

************************************

Alyssa took a seat at the ending table besides her brother Jace as her mother spoke.

Rhaenyra spotted her eldest take a seat and smiled as the whole family was together "We have some good news"

"What is it?" Luke asked excitedly as Alyssa turned to look at her mother who had a huge smile on her face.

Rhaenyra took hold of her husband's hand as she looked around at the table. Rhaena and Baela who were now her Stepdaughter were seated at one side with Luke as Alyssa was seated by Jace.

"Im with child" Rhaenyra admits as Alyssa hears this all she can think about is how the child her mother is carrying now wouldn't be called a bastard. They were married and both Targaryens. Any child they had could be put above Alyssa and her three brothers.

"You are" Rhaena smiles "I hope for a sister"

"As do I" Baela adds as Alyssa stands up.

"Alyssa" Rhaenyra mutters as she feels Daemon's hand leave her grasp.

Alyssa shakes her head as she leaves the dining room. Rhaenyra doesn't say anything as she gets up to follow her daughter. But stops herself as she sees Daemon stand up and give her a small nod. And then he leaves the room.

************************************
Alyssa stops in the hallway as she hears footsteps behind her. She turns around and rolls her eyes when she sees her uncle.

"Your shouldn't behave like that Alyssa, your mother just shared good news" Daemon states "You should be happy for her and me"

"No, I've been grieving the loss of Laenor and my father. I shouldn't be happy especially about this"

"Rhaenyra is your mother Ayssa"

"And she means to replace me as her heir" Alyssa snaps.

"What make you think she will replace you"

"She will have a child, a pure Targaryen. And you will have your blood on the throne. There will be no questions from anyone about its claim"

"You really think she would shove you aside" Daemon asks her as Alyssa nods her head.

"I would expect it from the both of you" Alyssa admits.

"Whatever that Hightower cunt told you of me it's all lies Alyssa. Your claim is strong and will remain like that"

"Even if she were to have a son. Don't you want your blood on the throne Uncle. Even if it meant pushing me and my brothers aside or even worse"

Daemon does not hesitate not even for a second to reply to her "No I wouldn't have Rhaenyra push you aside. You are her heir are you not. You are the spitting image of a Targaryen Alyssa even with Strong blood in your veins"

Alyssa smiles at the comment as she looks up at her uncle.

"But we must do everything in our power to keep the Targaryen line pure, there are those who want our power our dragons"

"Then wouldn't I have to wed Aegon or Aemond. If i wanted to keep our line pure"

"Your uncles are nothing but Hightower cunts. They are no blood of the dragon"

"Then I guess I would have to wed outside our line like grandsire has" Alyssa smiled softly "You and my mother may be keeping the line pure. But I am to turn ten and six soon and I will have to wed."

"Mhm"

"I am happy for you and my mother Uncle. But I think I shall retire my chambers where I can spend time alone." Alyssa mutters "Tell my mother goodnight for me"

"I shall"

************************************

"She is still grieving Laenor and Harwin. I knew this wasn't right" Rhaenyra whispers.

"Does it really matter now Rhaenyra, you are with child. Our child" Daemon reminds her "I Assured her that nothing is going to change"

"Did she say anything else"

"What else is there to say" Daemon snaps "I told her how you don't intend on replacing her. And how we need to keep our bloodline pure"

"She let you talk to her about that" Rhaenyra almost laughed "Alyssa and my sons aren't like that. They do not believe in keeping our line pure."

"She suggested on wedding one of the Hightower cunts"

"Dont you think that might be a good idea. There won't be anymore say about her claim" Rhaenyra states as Daemon rolls his eyes "She is ten and six soon near enough the same age of Aegon"

"And I think she should stay here Rhaenyra. There is no need to wed her of"

"She's my heir, she needs children"

"And I'm sure she will have Targaryen children" Daemon snaps.

"Without a husband"

"Rhaenyra enough of this"

"Fine but she will have to wed and carry on my line"

"And I swear the girl will carry on your line. At some point perhaps sooner then you think"