He scratched the back of his head sheepishly and recounted the tale of how he happened upon Megumi one night and they went looking for a cursed object together and it ended with Yuuji eating Sukuna's finger.

"That's honestly something out of a book, man," I laughed, "And he's just in there? All the time?"

"Unfortunately," he replied honestly, "Some days he's loud and some days he's quiet."

"That takes impostor syndrome to a whole new level," I said, trying to remain light hearted, "Does he ever talk to you about us?"

"Well, right now when you asked that, he said that that was a very ego-centric comment to make."

I covered my mouth and held back a laugh, "He said that or you did?"

"I promise he did. But yeah, you don't wanna know what he says about you."

That was all he had to say to get me to stop questioning things. I tried to make the atmosphere a little less weird, "You know, when I first met back up with you, I thought the little marks on your face were makeup."

Yuuji immediately burst into laughter, wiping the tears from his eyes, "You did not!" he shouted.

"I swear, I swear!" I said laughing back with him, "I thought it was a trend or something, give me a break! I hadn't wore makeup until I met Nobara like two months ago!"

After we were done laughing about my ridiculous comment, we settled down and got back to talking about the mission.

"Are you nervous?" he asked genuinely.

"Hm...probably a little. I feel like it'll go okay, I'm just scared in case I fuck up."

He nodded his head in understanding, "Megumi's super strong and smart, so you'll be fine."

I smiled at his praise of Megumi and replied, "I don't doubt that. I'm just scared I've not trained enough and I'll let him down somehow."

"You? Not train enough? Ayane, if you're not in this room, you're asleep or in class. You train more than anyone."

"You got me there."

"I know what you mean, though. I mean most of the other guys, I guess aside from Yuuta, they've all known about this stuff since they've been born. We kind of just got thrown in somewhere along the way."

"Yeah, I think that's what I'm most insecure about."

"Don't be," said Megumi who was standing, leaning against the door frame. "Let's go, Ayane."

I stood up and brushed off my legs, heading to the door. "Bye Yuuji," I said as I waved at him and he waved back.

"Good luck guys, you got this!"

And to the mission we went.

---

The sky was dark and gloomy the whole car ride to the destination. Crows cawed the whole way. Ijichi was the driver and Gojo accompanied us, something about how he wanted to be there for my first mission or something.

There had been calls from nearby residents stating that the old mill factory had some strange things going on at night. There were eerie noises and what sounded like human screams, apparently.

It didn't take long for us to get there as it was in an industrial area of Tokyo. Megumi and I made quick work of getting out of the car and heading to the front, Gojo right behind us. Ijichi set up the barrier so that no residents could see if anything were to go down.

"Ayane, I want you to take these blades. I know you've been working closely with kunai's in your training, so hopefully this will suffice if you need to come into any sort of combat. Megumi, do your thing."