#9

(Y/n) POV
The room had dimmed as dusk came. I could see that the sun was going down through the cracks in the boarded window. I haven't heard Sanzu return yet, but as soon as he does, I have to settle a score with him.

I'm getting out of here. And nothing is going to stop me.

Something nagged at the back of my mind, the person who attacked me in my home, the one with the golden eyes. That's not Sanzu. He has blue eyes, when I met him I was expecting my attacker but got him. So why did they switch off? Why didn't my original attacker do all the dirty work? And who was it?

The sound of gravel crunching and hooves patting along made me sit up from lying on the old mattress. A moment later, a creak from the door and booted steps inside the house across the wood slab floors.

Standing, I marched to the door and beat a fist against it, "Sanzu! I've been waiting all day! Get me something to eat and drink. Right now!"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up!" Sanzu snapped back, "and isn't a princess supposed to be classy and polite? Not boss and yell."

"You think you deserve my politeness?" I hiss, "you won't get a sliver of class or respect from me. Do I make myself clear?" I heard him click his tounge, clearly annoyed. My fist clenched, and I made my damand again, "now I'm sure your boss wouldn't want me to die of starvation or dehydration, so you might want to do something about that."

"You'll get something to eat and drink, just stop talking. I can't listen to your voice constantly buzzing in my ear."

I step back from the door after his - while ill-tempered - reply. I heard him moving around, and I silently crept to the nightstand, and my hand gripped around the silver candelabra. Then, seeping back into the corner, behind the door so as not to be seen when he enters.

It's a basic plan, and he might see it coming...I might not have the strength to knock him down, but it's all I've got.

What the hell do I have to lose right now?

My heart beat against my chest, in the rising anxiety of my plan failing. My fingers screwed around the candelabra so tightly that my knuckles were turning white. I didn't move a single muscle and listened as he neared the door, a soft jingle and a click when he unlocked it.

Soft red and orange hues came with him, lighting on his pink hair and fine skin, as there was a candle in one of his hands.

I didn't breathe. I lifted the candelabra over my head, and with all the strength I could muster, I slammed it down over the Pinketts skull. He grunted and crashed to the floor. The tray he carried clattered with him, and the candle in his hand rolled away, setting a spark to the floor boards.

Exasperated, I stared at him.

I DID IT!

But as he started to move again, my body jerked forward to the keys hanging on his pant loop. I snatched them up and swiveled back around and out the door just as he got up. I slammed the door shut, shoving the key into lock it.

"You little bitch!" Sanzu yelled from the other side. The door shook with a clank, like Sanzu threw himself against it. I shuddered back, worried he'd break the door down. A smile crept to my face, a smile a pure joy.

I'm free! I did it, I'm free! I can go home now!

Another crash from the door shook the barrings of it. Queuing me to leave. Turning, I picked up my dress and ran toward the exit door, and opened it up, the cool outdoor air hitting my skin.

"You won't get far, princess," Sanzu's voice lowered threateningly. He'd stopped trying to get out of the room. My hand clenched around the door nob. "I can promise you that."

"Yeah? Well look whose talking, I'm not the one locked up anymore," I gave my final words and exited the cabin, shutting the door behind me and tossing the keys I held into the grass.

It was dark and quiet besides the crickets playing their tune. There was no wind nor breeze to shake the trees. Everything was completely still. But I can still hear Sanzu trying to get out of that room. I'm not going to give that door the benefit of the doubt that it can hold him, so I need a mode of transportation.

Where's his horse?

I hurried around the side of the cabin and found his horse, big and beautiful. A black mane and coat, with white speckles covering it. The animal grazed on some grass and was still saddled and tied to a post.

Perfect.

I ran up to it, and it's head perked up. Grabbing the rope and untying it from the post, moving to the horse and putting my foot in the stirrup and tossing my leg over the horse's back, hooking my foot on the other side I pull up on the reins, making it turn tward the path. I whipped the reins, and the horse galloped off. My body surged back, but I pulled together and squeezed my legs around the horse's body, gripping the reins and leading it down the path.

3rd POV
The Pinkett slammed his body into the door repeatedly after hearing the princess leave the cabin. He did this again and again, hearing the wood begin to crack. The cabin was old and shabby. With enough force, it would come down.

With a snap and a tumble, Sanzu fell through the door and onto the floor again. He grunts and gets to his feet, headed to the door that he whipped open.

Sanzu just got out of the cabin to hear the sound of hooves clopping viciously, and his horse zipped past him. But the rider, with her red, white, and gold designed dress flailing in the wind, was none other than princess (y/n). Officially making her escape.

Sanzu thought he could catch her while she ran through the woods.

He seriously underestimated her problem solving skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, a certain someone is not going to be very happy with Sanzu.

But where will princess (y/n) go first? Not knowing where she is right now is a serious road block.

Don't forget to vote.

Love,
Lyra.