Her

Bryant and Layla stayed at his fathers house that night. He enjoyed being around his mother again and physically just being able to see her in good health. Layla just enjoyed having more time to text and call Levi.

Kayla POV

I climbed out of the bed. It was cold but now that I think about it I haven't been in a warm house in a long time now. 5 years ago Jace sold me off to Darence. Y'all may not know this but that man a real bad user I'm saying I see him shooting up everywhere over his house. Sometimes I watch and think what would it feel like if I just used to. I mean I haven't got anything else in my life to look forward to. I'm lucky Darence even brought me. My first week of getting kidnapped they broke my legs in three places and now I got this bad limp. They never let me really go to the hospital. I still feel pain in my leg but that's not stopping me. I made a promise some years back and I intend to keep it even if I'm kind of late. I slid my bag out from under my bed and grabbed a coat and tip toed out the door making sure Darence was fully asleep. I ran down the street as fast as I could. I needed to make it to the subway and get out of here. Good thing I took his wallet before I left out. I thanked god I was finally getting away.

Bryant POV

When I got up the next morning I felt like crying from all the shit I've been through. I walked downstairs, as I was walking I heard voices to which I could tell were my mom and dads. See any other time I would of just bust through the convo hella rude and shit but I sat back and listened.

" you won't tell him I don't need him knowing"

" he's going to know what happened eventually he's going to ask"

" like I said you won't say shit. He's my son and I don't want him hurting "

" Yet u allow yourself to be hurt?"

" No one has hurt me more than you and that's the truth now shut your mouth"

Im hella nosy. I got to know now. I come up off the stairs and say,

"I just heard everything so I want to know what the hell's going on. I got so many questions I want answers and I want them now. I'm 23 years old raising two kids, I'm grown so tell me."

Both of them look at me like I'm crazy, but I looked at my dad's face and I gave him a death glare. He averted his eyes then opened his mouth to speak. I knew something was up and my father was about to tell me.