Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Avian Burn's Point of View

"I thought we were friends." Nakasimangot na salubong sa akin ni Klaude.

"We are." Sabi ko naman sa kanya habang inaayos ang mga prutas sa iisang lagayan. After Kagan and I talked on the balcony, we decided to go downstairs to help prepare our food. It was already ten in the morning, and we hadn't eaten breakfast yet. Pumunta ako magisa dito sa kusina para kunin sana ang mga prutas. All of them are now outside, near the pool. There's a cottage there that can accommodate all of us while Kagan started to put fire for the barbecue. Klaude waited for me to be alone before so he could talk to me.

"Oh my god! You and Kagan!" Klaude hissed as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You two are dating! When does it happen? Why you didn't tell me?"

I was already expecting this, but not this early. I started formulating a lie inside my head, fighting the disheartening feeling that began to crawl at my spine.

"It just happened, Klaude."

"Kelan nagsimula?"

I closed my eyes. I'm sorry for lying, Klaude.

"When he started going to the doctor." Napatango siya sa sinabi ko at napasandal sa island counter. Habang ako naman ay kumain ng pakwan dahil ayaw ko na sana magsalita pa. When you started to lie, you'll just have to keep on telling more lies to make the story more credible. I asked myself if everything is worth it. Why am I trying so hard to show Liam that I am having a good life? Kahit ako ay hindi ko kilala ang sarili ko. I'm still contemplating if I will continue this but Kagan already agreed, might as well see the ending.

"So, that's why you're staring down at Kagan's face when he was sleeping at Reus's office since he's already your boyfriend?" Parang mabubulunan pa yata ako sa pakwan na kinakain ko ng sinabi niya iyon.

"Shit! You've witnessed that?" Klaude beamed at me. Crossing his arms to his chest. When he do that, Klaude looked like Kalix, the other personality of Kagan. Iwinaksi ko naman sa aking isipan ng simulang pumasok sa isip ko si Kalix. Why am I thinking about him in the time like this.

"Nakita ko ang ginawa mo, Avi. You looked worried about Kagan. I didn't want to startle you, so I went outside and knocked." Nakangisi na tumingin si Klaude sa akin.

"You're my sister-in-law now, eh?" Followed by a laugh. Para akong nanlamig sa aking pwesto. This is getting out of my hand. Sister-in-law, he says? It's not like I am fake-marrying Kagan. After this vacation, Kagan and I will call it quits.

"Ang advance mo naman magisip." Napapailing na sinabi ko.

"Klaude, ano pala ang gusto mong sabihin kanina? Hindi mo na naituloy ang sasabihin mo." I was talking about when both of us were sitting on the backseat of the car. I followed Klaude's movement when he reach for the green grapes on the plate.

"Never mind that, Avi. I'll just let Kagan tell you. After all, he's your boyfriend now."

"Klaude..."

Getting the plates full of fruits, he started to exit the kitchen. I followed him.

"What's with you and that guy from earlier?"

"Liam?"

"Ex-boyfriend?"

"No,"

"He was... someone from my past." Liam doesn't probably know that I was in love with him back then.

My shoulder slumped from that the thought that I will see Liam again outside. At hindi nga ako nagkakamali, the first one I see when Klaude and I stepped outside were Liam and his girlfriend sitting on the side of the pool. Nakababa ang paa nilang dalawa sa tubig habang nakaupo naman sa pool coping.