Q & A

A/N: man, you guys have a lot of questions, huh?

Q: who was the inspiration for satoru and rin?

A: dazai, odasaku, and chuuya from bungou stray dogs. i wanted the same snarky character and relationship between dazai and chuuya, but the perpetual longing and loneliness dazai felt after losing odasaku, even though he was surrounded by people.

Q: did you have any rough drafts of rin before he was written?

A: nope. i'm a very spontaneous writer- i open up the app as soon as i get ideas, and jot everything down, and then connect them all together later. after the entire book is done, i go in and revise it after reading everything all at once. from the start, i made rin a little bit too much like myself- i guess it's a habit of having a first book. he has my character, my wit, my humor, my characteristics (excluding my height, unfortunately), and much of his life is based off of mine, except obviously, very dramatized. 

Q: rin started off sarcastic and snarky. where did that go throughout the story?

A: rin was supposed to lose all character until the plot of MHA was over. the point was that deku isn't the main character in this- rin is. the trauma he goes through may be comparable to deku's vigilante arc- he isn't supposed to just be normal right after. not all of it is shown, but with context clues and lots of piecing together, its supposed to be clear that until fifteen years later, rin almost seems broken beyond repair. 

Q: who hurt you?

A: everyone, man. idk what to tell u.

Q: where did you get rin's looks from?

A: his hair is the haircut i'll be getting this summer. currently, i only have the wolfcut, and not the dyed hair. his tattoos are also things i want to be getting once i turn of age- and his outfit choice is style off of how i dress day to day. 

Q: why did you decide for bakugo to end up being his best friend?

A: bakugo was supposed to remind rin of satoru in a contrasting way. satoru started out soft, but as time went on, he grew accustomed to satoru's teasing, and showed his true colors- rough, loud, yet loving. bakugo started off harsh- arrogant, aggravating- rin loved nothing more than to get on his nerves. over time, bakugo realized that rin was putting up a front too- especially once he confronted him and spilled everything about his past. they rarely hung out outside of school, but a mutual bond was formed- and bakugo respected rin above anyone else. 

if you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. i'll answer them in the comments.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙙𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚-𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙞𝙣 // 𝘽𝙉𝙃𝘼 🎉