Chapter 20: It's Harry

Start from the beginning

She never could give her love to her own son fully, having lost him well before he could grow up. But she could, and would give all that love to this alternate version of her son who has faced a lot in his short life, in both lifetimes as Salazar and Harry.

Remus was sitting in his quarters mulling over the recent events from the arrival of the four young founders. He remembered that he felt as if he was missing some very vital part of the whole story. He could see that Salazar was not evil and wondered what made historians hate him so much. After the young Slytherin had helped save Sirius from the deadly curse, Remus had started to respect him as a person.

Sirius had barged in his quarters whilst all this was happening and informed him of the brilliant plan that he and James had come up with. "To hide in Dumbledore's office and keep an eye on (in other words eavesdrop on) the meeting between the minister and the founders to give the founders backup." It sounded like a ridiculous plan to Remus and usually he would have tried to dissuade the duo from any such plans but he couldn't help but agree. Being a werewolf, he knew what it felt like to be discriminated for something you have not done or is out of your control; and knowing that this young Slytherin has not done anything that he was so notoriously famous for, Remus was determined to see to it that he was not discriminated in any sort of way by the Minister of Magic.

He realised that he might not have the kind of power that the other founders or Dumbledore had to influence the minister but it didn't satisfy the wolf who wanted to personally be there.

He was however pleasantly surprised to note that the minister was not in fact discriminating Salazar at all but was only a little wary but had warmed up to him pretty quickly.

After the departure Remus was gathering his thoughts and was about to reveal himself when the headmaster asked the founders for the explanation. Feeling it was something important he exchanged looks with others and stayed in their place.

What followed was a very interesting piece of history and it made much more sense. However one question plagued his mind - how did these very much alive young founders know about Salazar's death? Who exactly are they. But before he could ask that, Sirius beat him to it.

Remus never expected a thorough explanation from the headmaster so he was surprised at the offer to view his Pensieve.

What he found there was that his cub was somehow back. The cub he was unable to protect. He didn't care if it was the notorious Salazar Slytherin reincarnated. And it helped that Salazar was misrepresented by the historians. He would not let this golden opportunity to know his cub slide. And if the other marauders came in his way then they would find out how protective a werewolf can be, and why society feared them. He would not let even his friends hurt his cub either.

He was Sirius Black, eldest Black male of his generation. And even if he was blasted off his family tree, and even if he denied any association with the Black name, he could not deny that he had the Black genes. The most notable and popular trait of Blacks was that they were proud of their heritage, their blood status and their wealth. But these facts were skewed by some of the recent Blacks that supported and loved the Dark Arts. Originally the Blacks were a grey family, who never took favours from anyone. They were known to always repay favours owed by them. For example, if you killed a Black then the Blacks will kill you but if you saved a Black's life, they will stand by you till the favour is returned. Thus he, Sirius Black, was now indebted to young Salazar Slytherin.

He always hated anything remotely related to the name of Slytherin as he was always reminded of his family and the Dark Arts. The name Slytherin made him remember all that he hated and still hates – the dark arts, Bellatrix, his mother, torture, his mother, Bellatrix, to name a few…