Chapter 03: Explanations

After their companions had all left, the founders and the Headmaster turned to the Gargoyle guarding the Headmaster's office. Before Dumbledore could say the password, Salazar waved his hand in front of the statue, causing the gargoyle to bow and jump aside, giving access to the visitors. Dumbledore's eyes lit up in delighted curiosity at this display.

Once inside the office, the four founders drew up their own squashy comfortable armchairs. Each armchair represented their individual house colours. On the far left, sat Godric, on his deep red coloured armchair, with golden polka dots. Next to him was Rowena whose armchair had Bronze and Blue stripes. Next to her was Salazar on a dark green armchair. On the far right, next to Salazar was Helga also on a black armchair with yellow coloured leaves.

"Sherbet lemon?" asked the headmaster, offering the sweet to the founders. However seeing the looks all four were giving him, a mix of amusement with curiosity, the headmaster explained further "They are a type of sweet that I am rather fond of,"

"No, thank you, Headmaster," said Godric, the other three declining as well.

"Well, I hope you will forgive me for my impoliteness. However, I do not know what to say other than the difference in the castle that I am sure you must have noticed. Whilst it is the same castle there are noticeable differences as well." Albus internally cringed. He did not ramble. He never rambled! Though, the situation was quite extraordinary, even for him.

"Yes we noticed," Salazar replied dryly. "And this very thing indicated to us that something unexpected and rather... interesting has happened. The result of which, obviously, is that the four of us are here." He added quite unnecessarily, pinching his nose, he continued. "Perhaps if you give us some details of the place and… time we are currently in?"

"Of course, Lord Slytherin. You are currently in the year nineteen ninety six and today's date is the first of September."

"The first of September, you said?" Salazar brought his fingers together in a thoughtful gesture, his eyebrows raised. "In the year nineteen ninety six?"

"That is correct, sir," Albus' voice was gentle as he spoke. He could only imagine what the four people in front of him must be feeling. To have been uprooted from what was your present and hurtled an entire millennium and a few years into the future could be quite unsettling. Meanwhile, the founders were conversing with each other telepathically.

"Well what do you think? He seems like Dumbledore, but how can it be the first of September nineten ninety six? I mean wasn't it the seventh of June nineteen ninety seven where we left?" Rowena asked thoughtfully with a mental frown.

"Yes it was" Godric chirped.

"Hmm that is interesting. But I think this just provides more proof to support the theory of Alternate universe." Said Salazar

"I agree it does seem like what you described earlier, dear." Helga replied.

"I agree as well, but are we sure?" said Godric

"Well I agree but it seems that we have not only travelled through the dimensions but also time." Rowena thoughtfully supplied. "Now that is interesting. Is that supposed to happen, Sal?"

"Well it is an interesting situation indeed, but I will have to do more research into that, until then I am going to try and get more information on this universe, and after that reveal our identities. Agreed?" said Salazar

"Totally"

"Yes dear"

"Go for it mate" came three replies.