Chapter 69

When Luo Wencheng came, Lu Chong was already waiting on the balcony. The balcony was enclosed in glass and comfortably warmed by the air conditioner.

After a couple of drinks, Lu Chong was called out, so Luo Wencheng took the opportunity to install three cameras in his room, and when Lu Chong came back he pretended that nothing had happened. In fact, the two men knew everything when they looked at each other.

Luo Wencheng got up to say goodbye, but Lu Chong suddenly took his hand: "Stay tonight."

Luo Wencheng froze for a moment and said in a panicked, shy tone, "What are you talking about?"

But with his back to the camera he gave Lu Chong a quiet glare; the man knew there were cameras in the room!

Lu Chong laughed, stroking his head, "Just sleep with me, I haven't had a good night's sleep these days looking for you, shouldn't you make it up to me?"

He gently hooked his fingers. It was too difficult and risky for them to have private communication at other times, but if they were under the covers it was as good as under the blanket in the car. No camera could capture what they were doing.

Luo Wencheng lowered his head sheepishly, "Okay."

Lu Chong went to take a shower and came out. The two of them lay down on the bed and turned off the light.

Lu Chong held Luo Wencheng in his arms, and the void in his heart seemed to be filled all at once. He wanted to ask Luo Wencheng about the past, but now he couldn't mention anything.

He glanced at the stud in Luo Wencheng's left ear in the darkness and smiled a little, then asked about Luo Wencheng's future plans. Luo Wencheng said he was going back to school. As they talked, Lu Chong slipped an earplug into Luo Wencheng's right ear.

Luo Wencheng listened to the words Lu Chong had recorded in the earplug in advance.

Lu Chong now had two plans; one was to investigate Professor Delang himself and everything behind him, and the other was to increase Luo Wencheng's value.

The other side was only ordering him to do surveillance now, but if what he spied on was so important that the other side needed him to do more, they were bound to be unwilling to abandon him easily. On the one hand, it would buy them more time, and on the other hand, Professor Delang might contact Luo Wencheng more frequently, whether by phone or by sending people to contact him. The more contacts there were, the more entry points there would be for their side to investigate.

Lu Chong was prepared to work on both fronts at the same time, but a sudden move on their side would look suspicious. That was why Lu Chong arranged an assassination attempt on himself so that he would have a reason to make some big noise.

After listening, Luo Wencheng took out the earplug, took Lu Chong's hand under the quilt and wrote quietly: This isn't dangerous, is it?

What he asked about was the assassination attempt. Lu Chong didn't tell him that for it to look realistic he was really looking for a professional killer to try to kill him. He just said that everything was arranged by him and there would be no danger. It was just that Luo Wencheng should not leave the villa during this time.

The two of them had two sets of exchanges in public and in private, which was very labour-consuming and exhausting, and they felt tired after a while. Lu Chong really hadn't slept well for months, and Luo Wencheng, in Professor Delang's hands, had to pretend every day and was also very tired. The two soon hugged each other and fell asleep.

Luo Wencheng was hugged, but there were no waves in his heart and there was no change in his heart rate. He slept peacefully until dawn.

A few days later, Lu Chong was ambushed while he was out. He suffered a gunshot wound and was furious. Coupled with the last car accident, he was so angry that he used all his manpower to investigate and decided to go back to Beijing.