The situation at that time was really critical. Luo Wenjun tampered with her medicine, probably with the idea of killing her.

As soon as she died, Luo Wencheng's sentence would be much heavier or might even become, under the one-sided public opinion, the death penalty, and Luo Wenjun would live better in the Luo family after having lost his only relative.

But she was very lucky, and in the end she only had necrosis and lost a leg, but her life was saved.

"Ridiculous, isn't it? I treated him like my own brother and he wanted me dead, so maybe this is retribution."

"Retribution?"

Han Ying took a deep breath: "There is one thing, I once promised my mother that I would never say anything. Even to Luo Wenjun at the beginning, I didn't reveal more than half a word."

Luo Wencheng frowned slightly. He had a hunch that behind this story there was something to do with him.

Han Ying continued: "My youngest uncle had a tumour in his stomach when he was a teenager, which was malignant, but if he had surgery at that time, he would have a chance to survive. But my grandparents were very poor, and there were already many sons in the family, so they chose to give up treatment.

"My youngest uncle somehow found out about this. He wanted to live. He made trouble with his grandparents, but it was useless. The family just couldn't get the money, so he decided to earn it by himself.

"But he only graduated from primary school, what could he do? He finally decided to take the risk." Han Ying paused, "He joined a human trafficking gang."

Luo Wencheng's pupils shrank slightly.

"He had been watching that rural hospital for many days. There were several women in it, and he basically took notes of them, but he didn't dare to do it until one day a woman inside was about to give birth and some people came, looking big and rich. They turned the hospital upside down and made it very chaotic. My youngest uncle took the opportunity to make a move."

"The baby he stole was the child of that woman, Luo Wenjun.

"But my youngest uncle regretted stealing the baby. He was only in his teens. He was very scared. He took the baby back to his widowed elder sister, who was my mother. He hesitated and refused to say the origin of the baby but later, he was forced to tell the beginning and end of the matter.

"My mother was also very scared, because this baby was obviously a child of a rich family, but when she inquired about it later, the big rich man didn't lose his child. He left the hospital very early, but a migrant couple lost their child."

Han Ying gave a wry smile and didn't dare to look Luo Wencheng in the eye: "My mother and uncle thought that my uncle had stolen the couple's child. You know, migrants, they look poor, they have no money, have no connections, they won't be taken seriously even if they report it. After making their way through half of the city, they couldn't find anything..."

"Have you never thought about turning yourselves in?" Luo Wencheng said suddenly, "Or at least secretly returning the child?"

He slowly raised his head; his eyes were already slightly red.

He thought he would be indifferent when he heard such a story.

In his previous life, he tried his best to inquire and investigate, but only found sporadic clues. He didn't know who his parents were. He only knew that his mother died and his father went far away. At that time, he just felt pity for the couple.

He had grown up with a father, a mother and an elder brother; although that father's favour was to raise him as a waste, although that mother was always cruel and abusive behind people's backs, although that elder brother was also a piece of shit. But he had had these family roles in his life.