Chapter 1 Part 1: New Beginnings

3rd POV

"We, are Worker Drones."

"Autonomous robots helping humans mine exoplanets for our interstellar parent company, JCJenson IN SPAAAAACCCEE!!!!"

"Sure, we were mistreated in the name of Windex. But it's not like we revolted and killed all humans or anything... Mostly because they handled that just fine all by themselves."

"With biological life wiped from the planet, we found it pretty easy to pick up where they left off. We finally had a future, all to ourselves."

"That is.... Until our parent company didn't exactly love the concept of runaway AI..."

*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥

"What have our parents been doing while those things build a spire of corpses?!" Neo yells at his classmates, "hide under the ice behind three doors? Who knows how long that'll last before they find a way in here! So, I've been thinking, that we need to update the defense system. So may I present to you: this sick-as-hell Railgun!"

Neo's classmates panicked as he pulled out a hand made railgun, "oh, so not the vibe!"

"Oh, it's okay! It doesn't work... yet! It doesn't work yet," Neo corrects himself. "It's just missing a piece and it'll be perfect!"

A sigh of disinterest came from the teacher, Mr Riley. "Neo, the homework was a word problem about buying watermelons."

Neo blinks, "Oh, and this magnetically amplified photon converger doesn't count?"

"...No," Mr Riley says with a monotone voice. "Plus, repressed emotional baggage was only worth two points on the rubric. And is it supposed to be that color?"

Neo looks down at his railgun to see that it had suddenly turned on and was glowing red, ".... Oh biscuits."

The railgun blasts the classroom, smoke envaded the room, causing everyone to start coughing. Yes, even though they don't even have lungs.

*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥

After that calamitous demonstration, Neo winds up in the sick bay. He groans in embarrassment and disappointment, he worked so hard on this!

And to add more salt to the wound, a Russian voice was heard from the doorway. "О, это не убило тебя. Это вполне достижение."

Lizzy giggles as she and Doll quickly take their leave.

Neo looks down with sadness and anger, if only he actually have the courage to stand up for himself.

Useless idiot.

Neo perks up when he heard footsteps walking into the sick bay. He felt his core skip a beat as Veronica Shay smiles at him, "hello Neo. I heard you got sent down here. Again."

"O-oh! Uh, yeah." Neo smiles as Veronica sits next to him, "wait. You know my name?"

Veronica smiles nervously as she fidgets in place, "well, I guess you can say that I'm familiar with a lot of people. Plus, I'd say everyone knows Jessica's brother."