Chapter 40 - Resolve (1)

En başından başla

"Are you sure you should keep blabbing like this?"

"Huh?"

I pulled out my cell phone from my jacket pocket, displaying a recording app. "If I so happened to record this confession, you could be in real trouble."

Ryuuen froze for a moment staring at the screen.

"Heh heh."

"What's so funny?" I asked

"Ha ha ha ha! That was a smart play. But I said so from the start. This conversation now is of complete fiction, I was merely entertaining your fantasy."

"I could easily edit that part out."

"Then," Ryuuen reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone, having recorded our conversation. "It would be fine then to release the real version then."

He pointed his phone toward me, probably creating insurance that was more reliable than audio.

"Do you admit your defeat, Suzune?"

A wicked grin formed on Kushida's face, as we all realized where this would be headed now.

"Abandon your pride and get on your knees!" Ryuuen yelled.

"I-I, I admit..." I slowly began to kneel down.

Ding!

A notification came from Ryuuen's device.

He quickly checked the contents of it. His devilish smile rapidly left his face as the content played.

"Kukuku, saved by the bell. Eh? Suzune."

He put his phone on speaker and played a message for us to hear.

"Run against Suzune and during the obstacle course, collide with her. Do anything you can to make her fall over. Afterward, I'll injure you and get the payment from her."

"Wh-what's the meaning of this, Ryuuen? Why's that your voice?" Kushida was startled by the recording.

Ryuuen swept back his hair and let out another laugh.

"Don't you see, Kikyo! Not only were you used, but there was also a traitor in Class C. How ironic! They didn't just have you and Suzune dancing in the palm of their hand, but me as well. They predicted each and every move! So interesting! Amazing! This person is incredible! I like it!"

"They knew you'd betray the class, Kikyo. They knew you'd leak the participation table. They read everything like a book!"

Kushida stumbled back for a moment, grabbing a desk to keep herself upright. "Who could've done this? Fukumoto-kun? Ayanokouji-kun? I never really understand what's going on in their heads," Kushida said.

"Those could be two candidates. Well, whoever it is, they left no footprints behind. Whether it was Ayanokouji, Suzune, Fukumoto, Hirata - even someone outside Class D. Anyone could've done it, even through puppeteering another person. I'll keep my eye on who it is. This person caused me to fail to get points from Suzune or have her kneel, but I'm happy with the development," Ryuuen said.

I had no doubt in my mind. I don't know how he did it, but making someone turn into a traitor in Class C to record this strategy. It was highly unlike for him to draw attention to himself, but seeing what he did during the relay with my brother was unfathomable too.

It had to be Ayanokouji-kun.

"Well, I guess this is over now," Ryuuen said, getting up to leave.

"What? You're just going to accept this!" Kushida barked back. "What if they send the recording to the school?"