PROLOGUE | PART THREE

Start from the beginning

"So yours and Joffrey's Twelfth name day is tomorrow" Jaime reminds Ragnar. "What do you want for your name day" Jaime asks with a raised eyebrow.        

Ragnar looks at Jaime with a puzzled look thinking hardly, "I would like a dog or a sword" Ragnar answers excitedly.           

"A dog Mmh, what would you want a dog for? I mean I understand the sword but not really of the dog" Jaime asked Ragnar while nudging his shoulder playfully.

"I don't know, I guess when either mother, you or my siblings are busy I would have at least some type of company" well in reality Ragnar has always wanted a dog, but he never really had the reason to ask for one until now.

"Well hopefully you receive the gifts your after" Jaime says with a smirk knowing he's going to do something for his son.

As time goes on Jaime and Ragnar sit and watch the sunset peacefully basking in the silence, watching all the colours of orange, yellow, pink, purple and blue blend together to make the perfect picture.
However Ragnar's and Jaime's peaceful moment quickly comes to an end as they heard the clattering of steel armour walloping behind them.
Ragnar turned around to see his mother walking over to them with a wide smile seeing Ragnar and Jaime, with the Kings Guard not far behind her. Ragnar smiles widely wanting to greet her so he quickly jumps up at the speed of light and races over to his mother with Jaime slowly following behind him.

"MOTHER!" Ragnar shouts while running over to Cersei. Cersei quickly falls to her knees as Ragnar slams into her opened arms giving her a giant hug. Ragnar shuffles his head into the crook of Cersei's neck and mumbles.        
"I missed you mother" although his words where incoherent Jaime and Cersei understood them all to well.        

"I missed you too my strong cub. Did you have a nice day training with your Uncle Jaime" Cersei asks Ragnar even though she already knew the answer.     

"Yes me and Uncle Jaime had so much fun, he taught me how to tackle someone" Ragnar says excitedly as he starts to ramble on what he and Jaime did that day. Cersei was rubbing his smooth golden hair that was short at the back but longer at the front. Ragnar has always wanted his hair too look different from his brothers so he could stand out more, so he had it shaved at the back but long at the front so he had a variety.

Cersei absolutely adored her second born, as he was never a Sheep that would follow the moving herd but always the Lion who would someday lead the pride. Cersei also loved that her son was invested in his actual father, even if he didn't know that Jaime was his father, because to him he was his Uncle.
But Cersei didn't care about that, she was just relieved that Ragnar was into the same hobby's that Jaime was interested in. She remembers when Ragnar was younger he would follow Jaime around and ask him to teach him how to wield a sword. Cersei loved that they could bond easily with one another.

As Ragnar has finally finished giving details of his day Cersei realised what she came out to fine Ragnar for which that he needs to eat and get ready for bed.

"Ragnar, my cub it's time for some dinner. Give your Uncle Jaime a hug and say thank you, and then go run to the dining hall, your brothers and sister are already there waiting for you to have dinner" as Cersei says this Ragnar leaps into Jaime's arms and hugs him tightly before saying thank you. Ragnar gives his mother a quick kiss on the cheek, after that he quickly runs off to the dining hall for his dinner.

Jaime and Cersei watch their boy run off with love and admiration in their eyes, satisfied with what they have accomplished with Ragnar over the years.   

"I can't believe he and Joffrey are turning Twelve name days old, how time flys by huh?" Jaime says while turning to face Cersei.       

"I know it only seems like yesterday that Ragnar and Joffrey where near my feet playing with their little toy soldiers. You do miss it when they're younger, and now their getting older and I don't want them to see the troubles of the world" Cersei says this with a frown. However Cersei didn't want to speak of her sons growing up, so she changed the subject about what Ragnar wanted for his name day.