Chapter 6-The (Almost) Perfect Evening

Beginne am Anfang

Their lips met in a flurry of passion. Their bodies pressed together as their breaths mingled and their tongues explored each other’s mouths. Alec felt desire race through him like electricity before curling in his gut.

No matter how many times it happened Alec knew that feeling would never disappear. He could never get tired of kissing him.

It felt like an eternity before either person pulled away.

Eventually they parted and entered the building with Alec, for once, taking the lead, pulling Magnus along behind him.

As soon as they entered a young, blonde haired waiter greeted them. His eyes were green and he had an excitable, puppy dog like aura around him. He was practically bouncing up and down with eagerness.

“Have you already booked a table? We’re very busy.”

Alec replied before Magnus could speak. “Yes I have. Table 13, under the name of Lightwood.”

Magnus looked swiftly at Alec, raising his eyebrow, surprised at the Shadowhunter’s organisation. How much of this had he planned?

The blonde waiter glanced briefly at Magnus then gave Alec a knowing look before turning on his heel and striding off through the restaurant as he called behind him: “Follow me.”

Magnus gestured for Alec to lead the way again and they walked on, keeping an eye on the bouncing blonde head in front of them. They walked through the restaurant, weaving in between all of the tables, heading towards the very back of the restaurant.

They came to a stop in front of a pair of clear glass doors and the waiter smiled at them over his shoulder, sharing another knowing look with Alec before grabbing hold of the silver door handles.

He threw open the large, white doors and they all stepped out into the night. It was still warm and the stars sparkled brightly above them.

As Magnus surveyed the scene before him the warlock stopped suddenly in his tracks, his yellow/green eyes growing wide as Alec, having stopped also, watched him, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

A huge white gazebo stood proudly at the back of the garden, providing cover for the large table beneath it which was covered in a large white and silver table cloth. In the centre of the table stood a set of 3 tall candles that flickered hypnotically in the darkness. Next to both plates were placed a single red rose.

But the most beautiful thing of all was the hundreds of tiny, miniscule fairy lights draped across the tent, through the branches and wrapped around the trunk of trees which provided a an almost mystical glow to the garden.

Magnus, for probably the first time in his life, was completely speechless. His mouth hung open forming a large O. His cat eyes flicked rapidly between the beautiful scene in front of him

“Alexander…” he murmured quietly, trying to force the ‘thank you’ past his lips-not that those two words would cover even a fraction of the thoughts and emotions coursing through him. Alec chuckled gently, reaching up on his toes to press and soft kiss to the warlock’s cheek.

“You’re welcome Magnus.” His warm breath brushed Magnus’ cheek. “Now come on, if the food is half as good as this looks I for one want to try it.”

They sat down, Magnus still staring around him in wonder; he looked like a kid in a candy shop.

“So you like it then?”

“Like it? Alec I love it. It’s amazing!” He was gesturing enthusiastically-so enthusiastically that he didn’t notice the waiter come over.

This was a different man to the one who had led them to their table. This man had jet black hair that stuck up in unruly spikes. His pale face was thin and sallow but that wasn’t what stood out most. While Magnus’ eyes were like a cats: yellow/green with more of a vertical pupil this man’s eyes were, although slightly similar, a bright, burnt orange colour with a long, vertically slit pupil.