The competition begins

"Girls we're gonna be late come on!" my mommy yells as she's trying to do Mackenzie's hair.

"We're coming hold on!" I yell as Maddie is looking for her tan jazz shoes "Maddie hurry up." I say towards Maddie as she is frantically looking for her shoes. "I found them, okay let's go."

I walk downstairs smiling thinking about the TV show Ms Abby said we were going to be on I hope my dance skills are good enough for the show. Today is the first episode so that's why mommy is rushing us.
"Girls! Get in the car we'll stop by McDonald's and get breakfast. Just please don't mess up your clothes!" Mommy says to us as she walks out the door.
Me and Maddie get in the back while Mackenzie is in her booster seat.

There are going to be 7 girls on the team. First is the oldest, Brooke, who is 13. Next are the twinnies, Paige, who is 10 and Chloe, who is 9. Next is Nia, who is 9. Me and Maddie, who are 8. And finally Mackenzie, who is 6. We also have the Moms, Kelly, Brooke's and Paige's Mom. Christi, Chloe's Mom. Holly, Nia's Mom, and my Mommy, Melissa. The dance teacher, Miss Abby Miller, she sometimes yells at us but Mommy says that she does just because she wants us to be better.

"We're finally here!" Maddie says and gets off the car.
Mommy gets me off the car and we all enter the studio.
"Look at all the cameras, this is so cool!" Chloe exclaims.
"Girls come on!" We hear Miss Abby say.
I take Brooke's hand and we all walk in and sit down I smile at Ms.Abby as we sit and she smiles back at me.

"All right girls, it's the first of rehearsal for a new competition season. Ladies, you all know why you're here, you're the cream of the crop in your age group, and I have lots of new ideas in store. I am going to do something that no other studio in the country does. Every single competition, we are doing a new routine." Miss Abby tells us and we look over to the Moms, "Nuh-uh-uh-uh, girls, don't look at your mothers. I am the coach, I am the teacher. I can make you, or I can break you."

Miss Abby says that a lot, along with 'Everyone's replaceable'. Doesn't she get tired of it? She turns the chalkboard and reveals the 'pyramid'.
Amelia
Maddie Chloe Brooke
Paige Nia Mackenzie
I smile at my picture on top of the pyramid. I think I'm a pretty okay dancer so to see me at the top was a little surprising.

"Everybody wants to be front and center, I hear it all the time. Whoever is in the front and center, they can't make a mistake. They are holding that group together. So at the top right here I have Amelia because she is dedicated and because of her stellar record last year." Miss Abby says, "Amelia, are you ready to be front and center? Can you handle the pressure?"
I nod and smile. I don't know what pressure she is talking about but I don't want to let her down.

"Our first competition is going to be in Phoenix, Arizona.
Ladies, I chose Phoenix, Arizona because I want you to experience some of the best competition teams in the country. We are going to do two new numbers. A high-energy, really cute, adorable routine with Maddie, Chloe, Paige, Brooke and Nia and then also a trio with Maddie, Chloe and Paige. And finally deservingly so a solo to my top girl Lia."

My mom looks at me and smiles at me the other moms smile at me too. I giggle and start to play with my hair. Ms. Abby then continues,

"Unfortunately, Mackenzie you're both too young to compete at West Coast Dance Explosion, but you're still going to go with us anyway." I look at Mackenzie and rubs her arm as she looks down. "It's okay Mackenzie." I say with sympathy.

"Girls, we are going to win Phoenix, and the next competition and the next competition we're going to win, and that's all gearing up for Nationals." Ms.Abby says and I grin even wider nationals is like the biggest thing in the world to a little dancer like me.