The Place I Once Called Home

Ava loved being in Chicago but she missed Seatle. But the people who she missed made sure that they called her everyday.
*FLASHBACK*
Today was avas last day at grey sloan memorial. She decided to leave after being in a plane crash and loosing her friend mark sloan. After his death she got a offer for a trauma fellowship and after talking over it with her best friend owen she decided to take it. She just finished her shift and was getting ready to say her goodbyes. Her first goodbye was to meridith grey who was one of her interns. She saw her at the nurses station and went up to her and said I'm of. Meridith went round the desk and hugged her and said call me when you get there and ava replied and said always. Her next person to say goodbye to Christina yang who again was one of her interns. Once she found her in a or of course she pressed the intercom and said Dr yang I'm of and Dr yang stopped doing what she was doing and said alright and ava didn't know what to say. But before ava left yang spoke up and said ava wait! Thank you and ava smiled and went to the intercom and said thank you Dr yang. The next person she was on her way to say goodbye was Jackson avery who she found in the doctors lounge. Ava went in there and said hey avery and Jackson looked up and said hey you of and ava nodded and said your already making him proud you know. Jackson nodded and got up and hugged ava and said just keep doing what your doing I know your making him proud avery. Jackson nodded and said you are too. Ava left to find Alex Karev who happened to be on the Peds floor and ava didn't know what to say so she went up to hug him spontaneously. Alex said what's this for and ava replied and said this is my goodbye and walked to find Derek shepherd. She saw him and said Derek and he looked up at her and ava said goodbye. Derek left the computer he was at and said goodbye. They hugged and ava went to say one of the couple of goobyes that she had left to do. She was on her way to see the chief of surgery which happened to her best friend when she bumped into her colleagues Richard Webber and Miranda bailey. Ava said hey thought I would come and say goodbye. Richard hugged ava and she said thank you for everything and Richard laughed. He then said well you made my job easier and ava, Richard and bailey laughed. Then suddenly ava hugged bailey and said thank you. They chatted for a couple of minutes before ava headed of to say her last goodbye. Ava knocked on the door and said hey. And Owen said the same thing back. Ava then said you know when I came to this hospital I thought I would be here forever you know. Owen then said but things change and this will be good for you and you know that. Ava nodded and said I know but it's gonna be hard to not see your  face everyday. Then tears started to go down avas face and she said aaaa! and laughed. Owen then got up and said I'm so proud of you you know I'm so lucky that your my friend and don't think I'll call you everyday. He them brought ava into a hug and ava walked to the door whilst owen sat back down.Ava then said guess this is it and owen then said yes it is. Owen paused and said until we meet again ava bekker and ava then said until we meet again owen hunt. Then ava walked out of owens office with tears going down her face. How much she misses her family in Seatle she visits as much as she can.

Another chapter at the end! At the end it got quite emotional😭. See you in the next one!