The next few moments moved in slow motion. I watched as the door slid open. A foot made its way into the room. Followed by a leg, then a torso, and then a familiar face came into view. I started shaking so badly that I could hear the table scraping against the floor. I looked into the green eyes of the only other man who scared the shit out of me. His face turned into a sinister smirk as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Matt?"  With that, I let myself fade back into the darkness.

Two Hours Later

I woke up in a different room. These walls were concrete and cold. There was one light in the room, a mat, and a bucket. It looked like a shittier version of a cell. Using both hands, I pulled my body until I was up against the wall. My entire body was in pain. I looked down and noticed that I was in nothing but my underwear and tank top. Matt must have used my unconsciousness to his advantage. That was something I was used to. Pulling my legs to my chest, I sobbed into my knees. I just wanted Daryl more than anything.

I heard the door slam open, causing me to jump and turn into the corner of the room, keeping my head tucked away. The door closed, and I heard the sound of boots stepping behind me. The feeling in the air shifted. The person reached out, forcing me to turn around.

Matt grabbed my ankles, forcing me to flatten myself against the ground. He leaned down, grabbing a fistful of my hair and pulling it back so that I was face-to-face with him. I let out a sob in pain, clawing at his wrists. Matt placed his head into the crook of my neck, sucking at the skin. He was marking me as his, and I wanted to vomit. I was Daryl's, and that's it. I started fighting back, hitting and slapping him as much as possible.

"Mhm. This is new. You've never fought before. I like it." I watched as Matt pulled back from my neck and laced his fingers around my throat, squeezing. Releasing my ponytail, he grabbed the knife from his belt, placing it just above my right eye.

"Say, did you fight this hard for Evelyn?" My motions stilled, and I let out a sob. I started hyperventilating against his hand. Matt slowly dragged the knife diagonally along my face, cutting from my eyebrow to the bridge of my nose. The blood began blocking my vision in my right eye.

"I may have hated the little shit, but a father knows when their kid dies. You feel it." I tried to push him away, but it only caused his smirk to grow. I felt him drag the knife further down on my cheek before pulling it away and slamming it into the mattress next to us. Matt grabbed my ponytail again, rolling me onto my stomach. I felt myself going numb to the world around me; I was going to die here. I could feel it. I would never be able to hold Daryl again or look into his eyes. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"Aww. Look, she's crying." Matt whispered in my ear, slamming my head against the concrete. I felt my head bounce off the floor as my vision blurred.

"You know where to put your hands. Don't move them." I nodded slowly before sliding my hands straight out onto the ground. I gripped the concrete so hard that my nails began to bleed.

"Good job, sweetheart. You don't move, it won't be as bad." I lay emotionless as Matt pulled my underwear down my legs. I heard him suck in a breath as he unbuckled his jeans. He gripped my thighs tightly in his hands. He wanted to make sure he was marking my skin.

"I see your scars where you cut yourself are faded. Almost non-existent now. That's too bad." I felt Matt drag the knife over a few of them, re-opening the scars on the inside of my thigh. A stray tear slid down my cheek, but I refused to scream; he would just feel better about himself.

"Mhm, you are nothing. You hear me, Grace? Nothing." It felt like I was being ripped in two when Matt slammed into me, using me as a rag doll. Every thrust pushed me further into my own brain. I tried to block out what was happening as much as I could. I closed my eyes and pictured the prison.

Everyone was outside. Lori and Rick were sitting with Carl, playing with the baby. Beth and Herschel were laughing with Maggie and Glenn. The sun was shining brightly in the sky, and we were all enjoying the heat. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist, turning me to look at him. Daryl leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on my lips. His hair was longer now, and he was cleaned up. He looked older; everyone around me did. He was mumbling words that I couldn't hear as he rested on both knees in front of me. He rubbed my round belly as he stared up at me, placing kisses all over me. We were happy. Slowly, everything turned dark. Everyone's faces started fading, and Daryl started backing away from me. There was no sound coming from his mouth as he spoke to me. He was screaming at me. Every time I reached him, he moved further away, and then he was gone.

Matt let out one final grunt, pulling out of me and releasing himself onto my back. He placed an aggressive kiss on my head before pulling away from me. I waited for him to step away from me before tucking myself back into the corner. I felt him throw something against my back before walking to the door.

"Wipe yourself off. Get dressed. We've got a show to go to." I could hear the smirk on his lips as he slammed the door behind him, leaving me in eerie silence.
————
My heart broke writing this but it's going to play into Grace's character development.
Just an FYI Merle had no idea about The Governor doing this!!!
Until next time!