His hands are cold, but sent warm chills down my spine.

Zade spoke to the guard for like five seconds but the guards gaze lingered on me for long enough to make shift uncomfortably. He was looking at me weirdly and many would feel attracted to a man as attractive as him but I just felt...

I don't know why I always have to justify myself for being uncomfortable. No one needs a reason as to why they feel the way they do.

I look over at Zade, jaw clenched and eyes hard.

Did he notice?

"Come." With that, I let myself exhale the anxiety and enjoy the view of framed portraits and paintings.

As if sensing my thoughts he let go of my hand and I went to inspect each of the beautiful art. God, this makes my heart smile. "This one is beautiful." I gasp, eyeing a painting of the goddess Aphrodite. I take a picture of it, my smile widening. "Isn't she?" I ask Zade, who's presence I sense but can't see.

"More." He says, I turn my head to pass him a smile of gratitude but his eyes were already on mine. Something rare happens to me, when realisation dawns upon me. A swarm of butterflies hold me hostage and my cheeks warm with colour.

I turn back around and talk, not caring whether he was listening or not. "This is Aphrodite, Aphrodite is the ancient Greek goddess of sexual love and beauty. There isn't much to tell about her but she is really beautiful. She reminds me of a friend I had..." I stop talking, realising that he's probably not interested to hear about my life.

"I'm listening, love." His deep voice sounded much closer to me, causing goosebumps to erupt on my arms. "It's silly." I say, disregarding him. "I want to listen to your voice, it's calming." He softly said.

No one was here, matter of fact, no one is rarely at museums anymore. Because it is ridiculously expensive and maybe it isn't interesting enough.

Hell, I had close to five hundred ebooks all about Greek and Roman Mythology.

"Okay, here's one I like." I point to a large painting of Medusa. "Have you heard of Medusa?" I look over to him, he was standing next to me. He shakes his head. "Not necessarily."

"Good," I whisper to myself. I thought a smartass like him knew all about these kinda stuff but I'm glad he doesn't. "Medusa was the most beautiful woman known to mankind"— he has the guts to cut me off. "They must've never known about you."

I breathe out. "I don't like it when people cut me off."

"Apologies." He says formally, and I roll my eyes. "Thank you, though."
His compliment and the way he apologised made tingles heat up my skin. Why is being like this now?

"As I was saying, Medusa was very appealing to the eye that she attracted so many people. One of those people being Poseidon, the god of the seas. At the time, she resided in Athena's temple. And that temple was meant for virgins, only. So almost everyday, hundreds of people flooded Athena's temple to just look at Medusa." I paused and looked at him to see if he was listening.

His light eyes were deeply focused attentively on mine.

"Well, the god of the seas, Poseidon took interest in her, unfortunately. And he forced himself on her; in Athena's temple. That broke the fact that only virgins were allowed in the temple, Athena got so mad she cursed Medusa with a head of snakes and that any man who dared to look into her eyes would turn to stone."

"Well they're two possible theories to that curse. Others believe it was a blessing for Medusa because it would protect her from men and other believe it was a curse because it took away her beauty."