scary butler (1)

Začať od začiatku

"Yes, specifically, I have a few questions for you." Shinu started, shifting himself from his position. "That is, if you don't mind."

"Hoho, not at all young master-nim," the head butler gave a hearty laugh, grinning like a madman -which gave Shinu quite the scare-, "I'd be more than glad to answer whatever your questions may be."

"Hmm..." Shinu pretended to be thinking deeply, but contrary to what he was trying to show, he's actually just thinking how to not seem too suspicious. Afterall, the questions i'll be asking are things Nephus should already know.

He sighed, then cleared his throat. "...uh, so- the first question is," Shinu kept up his poker face and stared at the head butler face to face, "what do you think of me? rather, what do you know about me?"

"Pardon?" The butler looked surprised, not expecting this question, "I don't quite follow..."

Shinu almost snarled, his brows furrowing down. "I mean, like-" he grumbled, "you've been serving me and my father for many years now, right?"

"Yes, young master-nim?"

"Then that must mean you should know everything about us."

"Um, not exactly every-"

"-that's alright, as long as you can elaborate. If you can answer my question, that'll prove your loyalty to the Trancy family."

"..."
Silence followed suit, the head butler and Shinu having a staring showdown- but in the end, the head butler could only sigh. "If that is what the young master-nim wishes, then I shall heed. Proving my loyalty to the Trancies are something I would gladly do."

Shinu almost scowled, is this old man mental? "Then proceed, tell me what you know of me. My family, my personal matters, and things that you are aware of."

"But young master-nim, when you say personal matters, isn't that a bit to-"

"-just answer. Would I be asking you this if I don't know any better?" Shinu shut him up.

"...Alright, but please keep in mind that these are my personal views and thus shouldn't be taken too seriously, and if ever unpleasant...then do pardon me." the head butler gave some time to gather his thoughts before continuing, "Your family, young master-nim, are somewhat enigmatic."

...enigmatic? that's one way to say it. Shinu thought silently, deciding not to interrupt.

"However, based on my observations during the years of serving you and your father, it is evident that you share a notably close bond with your first cousins, Miss Yuna and Sir Yuseong, hailing from your maternal lineage." The head butler took a quick pause, "As for the remainder of your relatives, the connection appears less pronounced."

Shinu hummed, indicating for the other party to continue.

"On your father's family side, i've only ever seen you interact with lord Rufiel, which is the new head of the Aphraveal household. The rest of them, however, are..." The butler trailed off, unsure whether to continue and did not seem like he would finish what he had started. He merely gave a meaningful gaze towards Shinu, and that was enough for the latter to understand.

Shinu, able to read what the former was trying to convey, merely nodded his head but deep down, was shocked. ...could that be what i think it is? Everyone on my -Nephus'- father's side, is...? He wanted to ask more but he knew he would look suspicious, taking into consideration that this knowledge might have already been known by Nephus.