Spark of Rebellion

Start from the beginning

"Uh, obviously"

"W-I thought we were all sort of co-leaders" Keyleth spoke up, only to cause the whole group to argue amongst themselves

Yennen chuckled and turned around, "follow me"

Yennen walked them down an alleyway, trying to avoid the giants that walked around here and there. At one time, they had to cross out in the open to another alleyway, when a giant walked by so suddenly that they froze right before crossing...in the open. They all froze in terror thinking they were done for. But instead, the giant didn't look at them and kept walking, as if they weren't important. Everyone starred in confusion, until Vax turned to look at Miel who had her hands up, magic miniating from her palms. That's when they noticed there was what appeared to be a vail over them. Stealthing them from what was outside the bubbled around them.

"Since when can you do that?" Scanlan asked

Miel lowered her arms, the vail disappearing as she did so, and shrugged with a sheepish smile. "I'm full of surprises?" she said in almost a question-kind of way.

"Well, good thing you practiced before we got here" Vex said, "let's keep moving before it comes back" They all nodded and continued following Yennen.

As they did, they made it to what looked like a rundown tavern. Yennen stopped them from going forward. A giant walked by again, but before Miel could suggest the cloaking vail trick again, Yennen stopped her and whistled over to a figure in front of the tavern. After a couple seconds they whistled back. "We're clear" Yennen said and they all ran to the side of the building.

"Hey, I'm a huge fan of taverns" Scanlan said as he tiptoed after the group, "but this place kind of looks like shit"

"Looks can be deceiving" Yennen smiled as she placed her hand on the wall of barrels...and lifted them up. Revealing that it was an entrance. They walked down the flight of stairs and made it to what look to be the cellar of the tavern above. There are rows of shelf and a couple of barrels to the side. On one wall, there was a giant root, along with some smaller ones at its sides.

"No uh, It's shitty of the inside too" Scanlan said looking around

"An old resistance hide out" Yennen mentioned, knowing that they were wondering why she knew of this place, "we can speak freely here"

"Yes!" Grog cried and grabbed a tankard from the floor when he saw the barrels. He placed the cup under the tab and turned it to open it...only for nothing to come out. "Wait" he grunted as he opened and closed it. Then, he grabbed the tankard and broke off the tab, only for nothing to come out. "No. Oh gods, no!" he cried as he broke off the tab of all the barrels, "What is this hell?!"

"Thanks to the Briarwoods, all our resources are dwindling" Yennen said, "including Ale"

"I will fucking murder EVERYONE!" Grog yelled in anger as he grabbed a barrel and smashed it against the wall.

"You preach pacifism while associating with rebels" Percy commented

"Trust me, I want the Briarwoods gone as much as you do" Yennen said, "but I've seen uprisings fail, and if you charge up to the castle, you'll be slaughtered" she warned, "no. The only way to win is if the resistance is strong enough."

"And the resistance isn't strong enough because...?" Vex asked, waiting for the old woman to answer who trailed off question.

"Their leader has been captured"

"Ah, there it is" Vax said

"He's set to be hanged tomorrow" she said and looked to the human gunslinger, "Percy, it's Archibald Desnay"