Chapter 7: I caught you 

Sorry this took so long 💀 happy late Easter 🐣 also the pic at the end is a sneak peak to the next chapter as an apology for this being late. Also a it's a lil fun fanfic my editor, made of Wally.

Knock
Knock
"You left the bathroom!" I hear Wally say entering the room. I glance at Wally acting as if I were still tired, I sit up avoiding eye contact. "House told me what you did" I looked up to him, "Me looking through home?" I say quietly. "Snooping" He sits on the bed. "We are married," I say, doing an air quote, "so I wasn't snooping. I was looking around" I say, crossing my arms and looking at Wally.
"You are right- in a way.. But why were you rummaging through our things? What were you searching for? I now look at him rubbing the side of my arm knowing I couldn't tell him I was looking for a way home. It won't help me in any way. " I was trying to find something that would help me remember anything," I say, hoping he believes my lie. Wally brightens up "Oh! Did you remember anything?"
"No," I say, looking away from Wally. "Dear" Wally coos, "Don't lie to me," he says while exiting the room. "I am going to start dinner!" Wally's voice rings down the hall.
Was that a threat or was he telling me? I slide off the bed, looking at myself in the mirror. I should ask Wally if he sees me as a puppet. Minutes pass, I exit Wally's room as home closes the door on me, as much as I want to believe Wally is simply in denial of his missing wife. Not only that, but I feel like he's hiding more, it can't be just his wife. Like, how did I go missing? Wally says he doesn't remember, but I know he does, I know he's playing dumb.
Furthermore, this is the second time Wally said something that is in a response to what I said to myself. I stand in the doorway of the kitchen watching the smiling puppet cook what looks like spaghetti. "Wally..."
"Yes my love"
"Do I... Look Human to you?"
"What do you mean, my dear?" Wally says, not looking away from the stove.
"Do you see me as a puppet like you? Or do you see me as a human? Because of those pictures of me... I look nothing like how I see myself in the mirror." I say, walking closer to Wally, "I would rather not do this with you if you are going to argue with me again, dear".
"I am not arguing with you, I am just asking". Wally turns to look at me "You look like how you always do" Wally turns back to the pan of meat. "Wally, you are not helping," I say with a frustrated sigh "I am sorry my love, I don't understand"
"You said you saw what I looked like before you brought me here, on my couch."
"Yes"
"That. Do I still look like that to you? Or do I look like a puppet to you? A puppet-like in our wedding pictures" I say walking next to Wally. The smiling puppet looks at me "Our wedding pictures" He looks back at our food. So, he does see me as a puppet... I wonder if the rest of the townsfolk see me as a puppet too.
"Wally," I say now leaning against the counter. "Will I meet the neighbors?"
"Of course, you will! Just not now, I want to avoid overwhelming you. Since you are having trouble remembering".
"Darling, can you get two plates for us? It's
In the cabinet behind you." I turn around, open the cabinet and get two plates out.
I take my seat, and I sit in silence, hearing only Wally hum a melody as he serves dinner. I was starving. Not only that, but I slept through the whole day in that damn bathroom. But I was too confused to care, I wanted explanations. "Here dear! Eat up, I know you're hungry!" Wally says as he places my plate down before me.
It smelled so good, I wanted to think of my next thing to ask Wally. But I was so overwhelmed by the smell of the spaghetti. While I was eating, I was thinking back to Wally practically replying to my mind. "I am glad you are enjoying it!".
What if... I just. I looked Wally in the eyes, giving full eye contact, holding my fork in hand. Wally... I love you. Wally doesn't stop smiling as his face glows red. "I didn't think I would hear you say that again". Wally places his fork down on his empty plate, "I didn't say that out loud". I place my fork on my half-empty plate. "You read my mind, Wally" He stood up grabbing our plates, "I don't know what you are speaking of dear." I can practically smell the sweat off him, he's been caught. "I think we are full here, huh?" Wally says placing our dishes in the sink.
"WALLY!" I yell at Wally, getting him to turn around with a now nervous smile. I grab Wally's shoulders, getting close to his face "I may be confused, and frustrated because I have no idea what's happening here, but I will get one thing right. You can read my mind." The yellow puppet lets out a defeated sigh, relaxing his face before speaking to me "I'm sorry, dear, I couldn't tell you" He puts his head down slightly in disappointment "Why not?" I say, softening my face .
"Because you used to lie. All the time, and I would use that to see what you were lying about."
Lying? Why was I lying to him? "Wally... I'm sorry. Wally brushes it off and says, "Let's just forget about it and go to bed." Wally grabs my hand and leads me to his room. Wally pulls some clothes out of the closet and hands them to me, "Change here, I will get ready in the bathroom". He leaves, closing the door behind him. I change into the clothing Wally gave me, and crawl into bed, tucking myself in.
As I lay there, I can feel my eyes getting heavier. I begin to let my eyes fall slowly as I feel movement behind me. Looking behind me to see Wally all cozy in his pajamas, but his hair was down. I never thought I would find him attractive but seeing him with his hair down made me feel something. "You should let your hair down more often," I say in my sleepy voice.
"I'll think about it," he says, laying close to me, pulling me into a spoon position. It was quite uncomfortable since I only knew him for about two days. But I pity him and bringing him some little comfort wont hurt. I'm just glad this isn't an abusive situation. I hold Wally's hands as I begin to let the sleep take over.

 I hold Wally's hands as I begin to let the sleep take over