5┃𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙚

Start from the beginning

As Grace sat down beside Carl who grabbed a can opener from his bag, she watched as Rick walked over, picked up the can, and threw it against the wall, Grace flinched at the clattering. she didn't say anything, it was best not to.

It was best to just look in the other direction, "Guys, walkers." Grace observed a herd heading towards the house, within seconds the group had collected their belongings and rushed out the backdoor, it wasn't about fighting anymore, it was about surviving.

━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━

"ARE YOU STAYING, LORI?" Grace glanced into the rear-view mirror where Lori sat, "Yeah, go ahead." The woman weakly smiled at Grace. She'd been one of the last to find out about Lori's pregnancy, and she was seriously worried, she didn't know how the group would manage a baby when they didn't even have stable shelter, every day was a new house, and they had nowhere left to go.

"You two, keep watch." Rick looked down at the two, both nodding as Carl kept his gun ready and Grace let her bat rest on her shoulder, the two stood in silence, just watching the distance as the others behind them spoke about where to go next,

"So..." Grace whispered, to no avail, she was seriously getting sick of this silent treatment.

"Carl, are you seriously just going to ignore me forever?" Grace stepped closer, facing the boy. "Yep." Carl replied, "I'm sorry, okay, I'm not your enemy though, just talk to me."

She pleaded with the boy, Carl finally facing her too. "I get, I get why you're mad, but-- we-- we can't afford petty arguments like this." Grace was right, and that's what stung.

In a world where every day you're practically holding onto dear life, you can't afford to argue with the ones you love. "Just.. keep watch, okay?" Carl tilted his head at the girl, Grace couldn't help but smile, cause deep down she knew that was Carl's way of apologizing, it wasn't the best, and could be worked on, but at least he was talking to her again.

"Hey, we're gonna go down to the creek, you comin'?" Glenn patted Grace's shoulder, catching her attention, "Mhm," Grace nodded, grabbing onto Carl's arm as she led him down to the creek. "I knew you'd argue" Grace grinned back at him, still holding onto to wrist.

"The state prison, are you insane?!" Grace raised her voice at Rick, they'd gone down to the creek just to get some water, yet Rick had come back with possibly the dumbest plan Grace had heard of so far,

"Grace--" Rick was interrupted by the girl as everyone stood by, "No, that's just suicide!" She shouted, walking to the back of the group.

"Grace-- I-" Maggie tried to place her hand on her shoulder, but Grace just brushed it off as she stood back, she didn't agree with the plan to clear out the prison one bit, but of course, nobody listened to her, so the least she could do was stand by.

Grace watched with her arms crossed as Rick cut the fence open, rolling her eyes at him as Rick pulled her through, she understood the idea, the prison was huge, it'd probably have supplies, and it had gates and all, but it was so filled with them, there was no way they'd even have a chance at clearing it.

"It's perfect," Rick uttered as they'd secure themselves in the gate. "If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers, and we'll take the field by tonight," Rick announced this plan to the group, grace still saw no chance.

"So how do we shut the gate?" Hershel questioned, "I'll do it, you guys cover me." Glenn declared,

"Nope, no way, that's a real suicide run!" Grace called out, there was zero way any of them could make that run.