Introduction

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. That's what the Bible says, at least. The thing is, the Bible also states that God is infinite, that God has lived even before time. If this is true, then much more happened before God created the heavens and the earth, right?

The truth is, God was lonely before She began what is now called The Creation. Being the only being, spiritual or not, is too lonely of an existence. She used Her time as the only being to begin planning how She would create the universe. After all, all she could do during this time with nothing around and nothing to entertain Herself was to just think.

She decided, very easily, that She would create a universe. One that was filled with stars and galaxies, and it was vast and complicated just as She was. She wanted to create planets and asteroids, water and land, trees and bushes, animals and a creature of Her own form, Man.

In order to do all of this in the time that She wanted, She decided to create the angels.

And when She created the angels, She looked at Her creation, and She thought it was good.

"Your name," She began as She spoke to a black-haired angel, the first of many that She created, "shall be Lucifer. You shall be the Angel of Light."

"Lucifer," the young angel nodded, "yes, I like that name very much. What is your name?"

God had never thought about that. Being the only being for so long meant that there were no use for titles, not until now with these angels. "I have many names," she decided, "I am that I am. I am God. I am peace and hope. I am the Alpha and the Omega. I am the beginning and the end. But most importantly," She laid a feather light touch to his shoulder, "I am your Mother, and you shall refer to me as such."

Every angel got a new name from Mother, along with a title. Raphael and (Y/N) were a few angels apart from one another, but as soon as She saw them, She knew what would become of them.

And, although it would break Her heart to watch it all unravel, She knew that it was good.

"I have created the realm in which we speak. Each of you have your own jobs to do, and if any questions arise, you shall come and seek me, for I am always here for you, my children," She stated so that all of the angels could hear. "You all know where to go for your individual tasks. We must work in haste, the Creation is starting soon."

With that, every angel began to leave to fulfill their duties.

Every angel, except for you.

"Mother?" You looked down, knowing you couldn't look at Mother. 

"Yes, my child?" Mother asked softly, Her kindness showing in the way She spoke ever so gently to each of Her children. 

"I don't understand, what do you need these nonsensical creatures for? They do not speak, they cannot carry a conversation with you, so why?" 

"Be careful, (Y/N). You cannot question my judgement." Mother stated sternly before continuing softly, "the animals in which you shall create will fill the Earth with beauty. Man shall be created, and the animals shall be friends with Man, and the animals shall love one another."

"Mother, what is Man? You created me to know all of the creatures that I would be creating and Man is not one of them," You tilted your head in confusion, your eyebrows puckered a little.

"Dear child, you will be creating every animal I have instructed for you to make along with any that you think of. But Man is mine to create. Man will be a creature unlike all of the others. Man will speak, walk, build. Man will be able to think for himself, he will have character and personalities. But I know that Man will eventually pollute the world as well, should Man take that path."

"Man sounds scary... Would it not be better to not create such a creature?" 

Mother placed Her hands on your shoulders gently. "One day, my child, you will understand why I had to create such a creature. He will not be as scary as you are thinking, believe me. There will be moments, terrifying moments, but in the end Man will become a peaceful race once again."

You nodded, not quite understanding, but knowing better than to question your Mother. With that, you left Her to go wander off to the Laboratory, the area in which you'll be in charge of creating the animals.

Little did you know that a certain red-haired angel was watching you the entire time with extreme interest, and Mother knew all about the infatuation in which he had for you, from now until the end of time.