Chapter Four: The Savior

It was November 6, 2012. Since it was Sunday, I woke up at 10 a.m. sharp. Bali went into my room in his anthropomorphic form. He greeted me.

"Good morning Aden."
"Thanks. Good morning to you too."
"Any plans later?"
"Nothing much Christian, or should I say Bali?"
"If you say so."

Bali left my room. I stood up and went to my cabinet. I took out a painting of a centaur then looked at it. I earned a perfect score as always. The centaur I painted had a white horse body, black hooves, blue eyes that twinkled, black hair, a smile that could warm a cold person, and a muscular body.

I thought to myself that maybe I would see that everyone I meet is not who I think they'd be. I remembered what Miss Jani taught us. A centaur is a part human part horse who is strong. They can lift very heavy weights, can run faster than a human or a horse, likes apples and hay, can transform into humans, are good at using weapons, likes nature, can be ruthless or kind, and you don't want them as enemies.

I put back the painting back inside the cabinet. I yawned and stretched. I went outside my room. Bali just stared at me. I went towards him and he spoke.

"I'm hungry."
"Fine. You won't stop meowing at me yesterday for the delay of food. At least I don't have to eat food..."
I went to the cabinet to get a can of tuna.
"Well Aden, there is a specific reason why you can't eat."
"What reason?"
"That I can't disclose yet."
I opened the can of tuna and put all of the tuna on a plate. I grabbed a spoon and fork and put it on the plate. I served it to Bali.
"Here you go. Even in your anthropomorphic form, you still demand food. Cat instincts I guess."
Bali started eating. Only talking when he finished what was on his mouth.
"Well yes. Also, since you know my secret side and hobbies, will you let me still do it?"
"I mean, sure. Just don't transform in the wrong time."
Bali and I just stared at each other. He slowly blinked at me and I did the same.
"Will you spill the beans?"
"If I leaked your secret, it is not a secret anymore."
Bali was done eating. I looked at his plate.
"Aden, let me just wash the plate and utensils."
"Sure. Hey Bali, you can go do your hobbies. I'm gonna go outside."
"May I go with you?"
"Sure but it's your choice whether you  go out in your feral or anthropomorphic form."

Bali stood up and carried the plate to the sink. He started washing his plate and utensils. He was done after a minute. Bali transformed to his feral form then started cleaning himself. After a while, he was rubbing himself on the floor. I chuckled then Bali stopped rubbing himself. Bali was preparing to leap at my arms and I saw him so I crossed my arms with my palms facing upward. Bali leapt and he landed perfectly on his paws. He was careful not to hurt me. I went outside my house then I started walking. I looked at Bali. Bali had a puzzling look.

"I want to satisfy my curiousity. I want to know some people's secrets. Only one secret though."

Bali smiled. Eleven minutes has passed and I have walked 1.3
kilometers. While I was walking, someone was following me. Bali's ear was twitching. I stopped and asked Bali. The stranger following me also stopped.

"What's the matter?"

Bali looked at my back and I also looked back. I saw no one.

"Bali, should we head back? Your ears are twitching."

Bali shook his head. I kept walking. I didn't know that there was a huge and heavy branch that was gonna fall from a tree. When I passed the tree, the branch fell. Bali hissed then the stranger quickly came to our rescue. The stranger quickly punched the tree branch and the tree branch shattered into millions of pieces. He covered my eyes and made Bali sleep.

"Who are you?!"

The stranger kept quiet. I felt like we were moving very quickly. It was still morning and I could feel the heat. During the trip, I kept asking and he wasn't answering. When he arrived at his destination, I could hear a knock. I thought that we were at the stranger's house. I was right but I didn't know it yet. I could hear some clopping. I kept asking and the door opened. I heard a female voice.