Chapter Two: The Prankster

It was November 1, 2012. Another Tuesday. I woke up earlier than my usual 6:00. It was 5:30 and I got outside. Bali might be hunting, and he manages to wake me at 3:00 but that sometimes happens. I got outside and saw two letters addressed to me. The first one was a blue envelope from Pacz while the second one was a white envelope from no one. I was confused why someone would send me a random letter. I read Pacz's letter, and this is what it said.

"Dear Aden,

It is me, Pacz. It is fun hanging out with you, I wish we did it often. Anyway, your friend Ann knows how to solve problems involving how to impress someone. I am shy to ask her myself. Considering that she doesn't know that I am a mershark, I hope you don't spill the beans. Heh, this is me asking a favor from you. I hope you like what we did last week.
- Sincerely yours,
Pacz Mediel"

I smiled when reading Pacz's letter. I sure hope that Ann would accept him as a friend even though Ann hates that Pacz gets good grades. I read the second letter and I was shocked when I read it.

"Dear Aden,

I know where you live, who your friends are, and what you look like. One of your friends will die at school today. It is either Pacz or Ann. So, I hope you have a good day when one of them dies. This message is sent anonymously so you can't find me. I will also eat their remains because that is what I do after I have killed a person. My kill count is only seven.

- All the best,
ATK"

I had so many thoughts, but I discarded them today. It might be some kind of prank but if it's real then I should watch out for the sender of this letter. I got ready for school and got outside of my house. It was a good thing that we don't need to wear school uniforms because it would be an added cost. When I got to school, it was now 6:30. A few students were at school, just passing the time.

I waited in the cafeteria where I saw something strange. I saw a pair of white tails behind a wall and those tails quickly disappeared. I was curious so I went to the wall and looked behind it. Ann was already at school and it was a coincidence that she was behind the wall. We talked.

"Ann, what are you doing here? I thought I saw some tails behind this wall."
"What are you talking about Aden? There are many cats roaming this building."
"But, there are no white cats in this school."
"You might be hallucinating."
"No I'm not. I know what I saw."
"Chill out. Let's just wait in the classroom."

Ann and I went towards our classroom and I saw Pacz sitting there. We talked again.

"Ann, Pacz wants to talk to you. He wrote to me using a letter. He said that you know how to impress someone. Also, I found out last week that he can be a great friend."
"It's true that I can impress anyone easily. Seeing that Pacz wanted some advice, I won't."
"Is it because of his high grades? Settle your differences Ann."
"Alright, fine."
Ann headed to Pacz and when she got there, she sat next to Pacz. They talked but I couldn't hear them since they were far from me.

"Hey Ann."
"Pacz, did you sweet talk Aden?"
"Yeah, old style. I showed her something amazing and I am just asking something in return."
"You must have a crush that's why you're asking me."
"That's right so, what's the first step?"
"Know what they like, pick a good time and place. Be confident, make sure you know what emotion you use, if you are nervous, please don't show it, talk about stuff like interests, and one last thing, since you said that you have a crush, try not to say it since that person might not like you back."
"Thanks."

After the last word, Ann got back to her seat. Pacz looked at me. I was just reading a book. Ann was busy thinking. It was now 7:30 when the bell rang. I closed and put the book I was reading back in my bag. The rest of my classmates arrived on time. I sighed in frustration since the FUS and Sir Palos will ruin this hour. Sir Palos arrived at exactly 8:00. He was determined to catch whoever was disrupting him. We all stood up and said good morning to him. He told us to sit down except for me. Of course, another round of humiliation for Math.