Chapter ten

██████████ 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

★彡Chapter ten彡★

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

Malia woke up on July the 23rd with a yawn. She looked over to her alarm; which read 11:37. She smiled with the realization that she slept in.

Mike and Gina normally would make sure everyone was up by ten O'clock at the very latest. They made exceptions on birthdays.

Standing up from her bed, Malia stretched before moving to her wardrobe to get ready for the day. After brushing her hair, which she put into a pink claw clip, she picked out her outfit.

Malia changed into a pair of light blue baggy ripped jeans which she matched with a black crop top,
which only had straps for sleeves and a brown zip up hoodie which she left unzipped, having off her left shoulder.

She quickly added some mascara to her eyelashes before spraying her deodorant and perfume. Picking up her necklace, which was silver with an M on it, Malia clasped it around her neck and left to go down stairs.

By the time she was finished getting ready, it was already twelve. She figured she might as well have lunch.

Malia entered the kitchen, not thinking much of the unusual quietness of the normally loud house. As soon as her foot stepped inside, loud voices of "surprise" yelled out at her.

Malia's eyes widened before a smile graced her face. She looked around at her friends, which were all there plus Mike, Gina, and Tracy.

They were stood next to the table which had a small pile of presents on it. Next to the present were plates of food.

Malia didn't know what to say, not because she was surprised but because she quickly became awkward. She genuinely didn't know what to say. "Guys, this is to sweet." She smiled.

"Yeah, yeah." Liam waved off, taken notice of her awkwardness. Despite Malia being confident, she also became awkward in certain situations. "Let's eat." He said, sitting down.

Malia smiled at him gratefully before taken a seat next to him. The others soon followed, each gathering around the table to eat.

"Happy birthday." Liam whispered, passing her a handful of strawberries.

Malia grinned. "Thanks." She said before smirking. "Older then you now, how dose it feel?" She asked, knowing it would annoy him.

"I'll catch up to you in a couple of months." He rolled his eyes, a small smile still on his face regardless.

After eating the special lunch Gina had prepared, it was time for presents. Tee, Carmen, and Lily had stood up insisting they be first to give Malia her present.

"Happy birthday." They said in sync, smiling as Tee handed over a box. They had clubbed together to buy something. Malia opened the box to find a bracelet which had small charms around it.

Looking closer to it, Malia realized the charms were of the initials of each person in the care home. She wasted no time in slipping it on.

"Guys, this is so thoughtful." She beamed, still looking down at the bracelet before hugging each of them. "Thank you, so much." She whispered.

Next, Sapphire passed her a white bag. Inside was a pair of pyjamas. Sapphire had the same ones. Malia smiled gratefully and gave her a hug.

Toby gifted her a book about medicine, which they had been talking about only weeks ago. Frank gave her new headphones, Tracy new perfume, Gus a notebook which she doubted she would use but was grateful all the same. Harry a drawing off Jeff, Gina some pillows, Johnny some chocolates, and Mike gave her twenty pound.