~Epilogue~ (Jenny/Hiccup)

I took a deep breath. I kept having to tell myself to breath. Inhale, exhale, inhale. It had nearly been six months since Dragos defeat, and the cold winter air had nearly cancelled our special day, but thankfully the Berkians all pulled together and I had a feeling that this would be exactly the beautiful day Hiccup and I both imagined.

My eyes traveled around my room. Hiccup and I agreed that it would be best if we got ready in separate homes, and as my old house was still standing, it felt right to get ready here. So many memories followed as my gaze moved around the whole room. I remembered the late nights Hiccup and I would spend staring up at the sky, talking about everything and nothing at all. I never would have thought back then that that would lead to this day. 

"You ready, Jen?" I turned at the sound of Ryders voice, who stood under the doorway to my room. Ryder's eyes followed the length of my dress, likely taking in the full scope for the first time since Hiccup and I announced our engagement. "Wow...Hiccup is one lucky Viking."

I smiled, turning back to the long floor length mirror. Valka had done a beautiful job. My dress was white, with beautiful detailed lace along the skirt, and chest beading, with shoulder plates that secured my long vail-like cape. My hair was still lose, though now part of my red strands were braided back and out of my face.

"I don't know how I could ever deserve him." I said, turning away and focusing on my brother. 

"I haven't known Hiccup for long," Ryder said, stepping into the room. "But I do know that you two are disgustingly perfect."

I chuckled, my bright smile never leaving my face. "Thanks...I think."

"You ready to be a Haddock?" I didn't need time to answer that question. I already knew.

"I'm ready."

তততততততততততততততততততততততত

Hiccup's POV:

 Berk was snow-covered and decorated festively with white flowers and traditional ornaments hung in the trees and along the houses, symbolizing each family. Continuously, I wiped my hands against my pants, adjusting the collar of my cape. Although the nervousness was clearly there, the amount of excitement I felt was more than overwhelming. My gaze followed along each and every row of Vikings who I've known since childhood, all expectingly waiting for the ceremony to begin. Tribes that we've met along the way were there as well, the Wing-maidens, the outcasts, and the Berserkers. Behind them, were rows of Dragons- Berks dragons and my mom's. Next to me, Fishlegs stood, along with Toothless and Gobber. 

Movement caught my eye, and I smiled as I watched Heather and Astrid walk down the aisle, the soft music playing in the background. Then, everyone stood. The moment I caught sight of Jenny, my breath seemed to leave my body completely. Dressed in white, her long red hair fell down her back, armor-like plates along her neck. Beside her Ryder held her arm, while Spark stood on her other side. I have known Jenny for a long time, through the good and the bad, I've never seen her on day that she didn't take my breath away. I have fallen for Jenny multiple times during the course of our friendship, and our relationship, but as I watched her walk down the aisle, I knew in my heart that I would never be able to feel this way about another. That I have fallen so deeply, so hard and so fast, that nothing would ever compare.

I didn't realize the tears that slipped down my cheeks until a sniffle came along with it. Jenny smiled and reached out wiping the tears away, before bringing her hand back down to hold mine.

"You look amazing." I said in a whisper.

"So do you," she replied, her smile as bright as she looked.

Gobber cleared his throat as he stepped forward, and both Jenny and I turned to him. "We are gathered here on Frega's day, to join two family's: Jenny Axel and Chief Haddock. Now, onto the vows." (Traditionally, it was supposed to be a sword exchange, but I wanted to do this instead.) I laughed slightly at Gobber, his usual manner more than welcome. "Hiccup, if you would begin?"

I took another deep breath. "Jenny. When I met you, I really didn't know what to expect. I had heard everything unimaginably untrue about you my whole life, and it didn't take long for me to realize how very wrong everyone was. You have been the light of my world since that day, and every day since, and now every day for the rest of my life. You've made me the person I am today, through the ups and downs you were the one who made my life better." Jenny bit her lip, holding back tears as I wiped away a few of my own. "I love you Jenny Axel...with everything I have."

Gobber sniffed deeply, then blew his nose loudly. "And uh...now Jenny?"

"I'm not sure if I could top that, but I'll do my best." everyone let out a few chuckles, as did I. "Hiccup... throughout the beginning of my life, I never knew who I was...I was hated for everything I was and everything I stood for. You were the first person to believe that I wasn't who I seemed to be. You've stood by my side and defended me throughout our whole friendship, and then our relationship." She looked down for a moment, collecting herself before meeting my eyes again. "I've told you before that I first fell in love with you when you proved yourself different from the rest of your village. And since then, I've fallen for you over and over again. And I can't wait to fall in love with you again and again for the rest of my life."

The tears and sniffles from the crowds, while they didn't go unnoticed, couldn't bring my attention away from the woman in front of me. 

"If there are no objections to this ceremony?" Gobber asked, only for there to be nothing for a response. I let out a small breath of relief. "Gothi, if you would?"

Gothi wrapped our clasped hands in a ceremonial cloth. Gobber stood back beside mom, both smiling proudly. Gothi then touched the cloth with her staff and nods. With the cheers and hollers behind me, I reached forward and pulled Jenny into a kiss. 

"To the Chief and Chieftess!"

I heard Spitelout, but I didn't acknowledge him. Instead, I smiled brightly as I kissed Jenny over and over again. my wife, over and over again. 

"I love you, oh King of dragons." Jenny whispered as we pulled apart, are lips barely separated.

"And I you."