The Zeppelin City

I saw one little, but elegant snowflake fall on my windowsill. It was the first month of Winter. Every morning I looked out of our window to see if the snow had fallen. Winter had finally arrived. I got so excited when I saw snow that sometimes I scared myself.

Unfortunately, I seemed to be the only person in my hotel room that got excited about snow. My roommates, Archer and Beatriz, always called me sad for getting so excited. Funny enough one of my roommates, Archer (we call him Archie), thought that I blended in with the snow, as I had really pale skin. He called me "The Ghost of Winter", it got annoying sometimes.

Archie was a year older than me, I was sixteen and he was seventeen. He had short, wavy, blonde hair. He was very protective of Beatriz and I, sometimes too protective. He spent his time making conspiracy theories and we spent our time ignoring him. Archie and I spent most of our time together. Beatriz always said that we were inseparable.

Some people had roommates who just ignored them altogether, but I was fortunate enough to have a roommate like Archie. He never put his own needs before others and he always saw the brighter side of a situation. I really appreciated that, he didn't know how important he was.

Beatriz was the oldest out of all of us, at eighteen. She had dark skin and long, black hair, with a fringe. She always wore her hair up. It was just her style. I looked up to Beatriz as a role model, she literally had taught me everything. She taught me how to read, write, walk , all of the basic principles of living. The most amazing thing she taught me to do was morse code. I don't know where she learned it, but she was pretty good at it. Sometimes we'd communicate by morse code, when we didn't want Archie to know what we were talking about. He got really annoyed when we did that, which I found quite funny.

I was the youngest out of the three of us . My name is Antoinette but everyone calls me Annie.

I tend to worry a lot about many things. It's not something that stopped me from living fully but sometimes I got really worried about something around me. Anytime I did have a day where everything just seemed to be in the wrong place or suspicious, Archie always stayed with me and tried to cheer me up. He even took days off work to help me! We went for walks through the streets of The Blue Grand Palace or we sat on a golden bench and talked all day. It helped a lot, having someone there. I never liked to tell Beatriz about my problems because I didn't want her to have more to worry about, on top of her studies. She thought I had it sorted but really, it had just gotten worse.

Even though I worried a lot, I never liked to feel pity for myself. There were so many people in our city that were suffering ten times worse than I was. My best friend Luca had two roommates who abused him. My problems did not even begin to compare to Luca's.

Like most people in the city, I lived with two roommates who did not even remotely look like me.

I have long, dark brown, wavy hair and deep blue eyes. My hair was quite thick and difficult to dry. I had a few freckles on my face and, of course, I was the smallest person in our hotel room. My favourite thing to wear was light blouses and skirts. My hair was never up, I always kept it down because I found it uncomfortable to wear my hair up.

We all had some shade of blue eyes. By "we all" I mean everyone in our hotel. Every person in the Zeppelin city lived in a hotel room with their roommates. Archie, Beatriz and I lived in room 144 of the Blue Hotel.

There were three hotels in total, all located in beautiful city squares. There was "The Blue Grand Palace", where everyone with blue eyes lived, "The Green Grand Palace", where people with green eyes lived and "The Hazel Grand Palace", where people with brown eyes lived. The squares in which the hotels were located were gigantic and were called Palaces for short.