INVESTIGATION STARTS!

Start from the beginning

Riddle suggested predicting students that would be targeted next and covertly following him, so the culprit would be caught when he take action. Cater had already identified a number of potential targets among the promising Spelldrive players, and you all decided to visit them one by one.

"Investigation starts!" Grim cheered.

You and the detective team then went to different dorms to visit the potential targets. Many of them were people you knew, for instance, Rook from Pomefiore, Jamil from Scarabia, and Floyd from Octavinelle. You were a bit surprised when you saw how similar he and his twin brother, Jade were.

"The last one we're visiting today is Jack Howl, a freshman from Savanaclaw." Cater scrolled down the screen and said.

"Jack-kun?" You couldn't say you were surprised when you heard this name. After all, he had been known to be a great athlete. You had seen him more than once in the dormitory of Savanaclaw when you went there to play chess with Leona. He was one of the Savanaclaw housemates that you hadn't talked with. You're quite a frequent visitor of the dorm, and many of the Savanaclaw students would say hi to you when they saw you.

However, not Jack Howl. You had come across him in the corridor a few times. Every time, he was frowning and put on a cold face, as if he was telling everyone not to go nearby him. That's why you didn't bother to get to know him.

Riddle decided to return to the Hearslabyul first, leaving you and the other four walked into the Savanaclaw mirror which you were quite familiar with, and the next second, you're in the dormitory of Savanaclaw.

"Look, isn't that Jack Howl over there?" Seeing the wolf ears and bushy tail as shown in Cater's phone, Grim pointed at a student running laps not far away from you all.

"Yes, he is. Let's go talk to him." You said and walked toward the wolf beastman.

"I don't need your protection." Was all he replied after hearing you and the others talking about the serial accidents.

"Being alone now could be dangerous, Jack-kun." You tried to persuade him to accept your help, although you were still a bit hesitant because of his cold and hostile attitude.

"I told you, I don't need your help." He repeated, before he turned around and ready to leave. "Besides, I doubt I'm gonna be a target..." he mumbled.

You heard him say something about him not being the target, but you weren't sure if you heard that correctly. "What did you say?" You tried to stop him, but he insisted to leave and he was too strong for anyone in the detective team to stop, so you gave up and watched him continue his run to the other side.

"It's kinda late now, I am responsible for feeding the flamingos today, so let's end here today." Cater typed a tick symbol here Jack's name and said.

You took a look at the time as shown on the screen of your phone, and looked toward the dormitory building of Savanaclaw. You then turned to your senpai and your classmates, "You guys can go first. I've got something to do."

Hearing what you said, a mischievous smile appeared on Ace's face. "More like someone to find. Am I right, Y/n?" He asked though he was already quite sure about the answer. Other than the certain lion upperclassman, who else would you be meeting in Savanaclaw?

The truth being shouted out by Ace, you gave up debating or denying. "Ya, I've got something about the club issue to talk with Leona." You shrugged and admitted that.

"Ace-kun didn't say who he was talking though." Cater smirked before laughing with his redhead kouhai. You wanted to refute, but you couldn't think of any excuses. They just couldn't stop laughing at you for a second.