12. 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍.

Chapter 12~ Meet me behind the mall.

𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝟐𝟒𝙩𝙝

"All I'm saying is girls aren't as good at video games as boys." Mike started rambling on, all of the girls just rolled their eyes awaiting another stupid explanation from Mike, "oh really? Then why do Max and I have top score on practically all the games in the arcade?" Arwen glared at him, "oh." He looked down awkwardly which amused the girls, "yeah oh... see Mike, this is why no one likes you." Everyone laughed as Mike sat there in shock, "they do like me." He tried to defend himself and looked at the boys for help, "you're on your own, kid." Steve put his arms up in defence.

"Mike do you not have anything better to do that act like a total dickface? You're being a sexist pig." Max said, "you're being a total asshole." Nancy added, "this isn't sexism, it's simple science." He carried on, "which girls probably can't do either right?" El said in a sarcastic tone, crossing her arms, Max and Arwen turned to each other with their mouths agape, they didn't think El would join in on this argument, "what? El you're supposed to be on my side!" Mike scoffed, "I make my own rules."

"She's not your little puppet Mike." Robin stated, "I don't know why you always start these stupid arguments so late at night." Arwen stood up and placed her hand out for Max to grab.

"Hey where are you going?" Mike snapped, "we're going to the guest bedroom upstairs, we've formed a tight bond with it after you locked us in there." Max replied, "I'm heading off too, I'll be back to pick you guys up tomorrow." Steve left, all the boys plus El stayed downstairs in the basement whilst the girls made their way upstairs, Robin stood in Nancy's door frame and gave Arwen a smirk before they both went into the rooms.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Arwen had been nightmare free for about three days now which was getting suspicious. It was odd to her that her brain had now become hardwired to think it was weird when she didn't have nightmares instead of the other way round.

7:02am

Max was woken by the sound of loud footsteps running out to the bedroom, she was suddenly fully awake and running into the bathroom after Arwen who was now knelt in front of the toilet throwing up, Max held back her hair and started rubbing her back, "It's okay." She reassured her, once she had stopped she flushed the toilet and sat back against the wall, there were tear stains down her cheeks and beads of sweat across her forehead, "you're burning up." Max put her hand up to Arwen's forehead. "What's going on??" Nancy and Robin were stood in the doorframe looking at the two girls.

"She woke up sick."

"Was it something you ate?" Nancy asked, Arwen nodded her head and wiped away the tears, "my brain gave me a three day break from nightmares then decided to give me the worst one I have ever had." She explained whilst Max moved pieces of hair out of her face and Robin handed her a glass of water, "shit Arwen that's awful-" Nancy began but was cut off by the rest of the group all stood there, "Arwen! What happened?! Will ran into the bathroom and placed his hand on her arm, "are you okay?" El asked.

"Do you need anything?"

"You're still having nightmares?"

"They shouldn't be this bad."

"You need to talk to someone Arwen!"

"You should tell your mom."

Everyone started speaking at once saying all these things it became way too much after what she just had to see in her nightmare, "can you all just back off for one second please?!" She shouted, they all went silent so she got up and stormed past them, locking herself in the guest bedroom.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

It had been about half an hour since Arwen had locked herself in the bedroom and thankfully no one was stupid enough to bother her, she heard them all downstairs and decided it was safe to go to the bathroom. When she walked into the hall she heard Max talking in Nancy's room and walked a little closer to hear, "she's been having these nightmares non stop, all I want is for her to be happy but I feel like I can't do anything about and she's clearly so unhappy at the moment, she literally isolated herself from us for two weeks, is it something I'm doing? I feel like she's pushing me away and I can't stand it because she means everything to me and I'm in love with her!" Arwen's mouth suddenly opened after hearing Max's confession to Nancy and Robin, it went completely silent after. She couldn't believe she admitted it to them first and not her, she wanted Max to say all those things to her face not from the other side of the door.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Steve picked up Robin and the party to take them to the mall since him and Robin were working again today. Arwen stared out of the window the whole way there, not saying a word to anyone but she could feel Max and Robin exchange looks with each other. Once Steve had parked Arwen stormed out of the car and slammed the door, making her way to the mall. Max quickly followed behind her, "Arwen what's wrong?" She asked but Arwen kept walking towards the mall, "Arwen!"

"What Max?! What do you want?" She abruptly turned around, the frustration obvious on her face, "I want you to talk to me!"

"And I wanted you to be honest with me about the other day. We always do these things that just friends definitely do not do and I can't keep doing that anymore because I-" Arwen was cut off by Max grabbing her arm, spinning her around and pressing a kiss on her lips. Arwen pulled away and stared at her. "I'm in love with you too."

"Why did you guys rush off so fast?" The party caught up with them completely interrupting yet another moment, Arwen gave Robin a look that she instantly knew and tried to hide her shock.

Neither of them could take the smiles off their faces. This is what they had both wanted from the second they met, it was worth the wait.