First Date

Pratap was in a white v-neck full-sleeve tee shirt and Denim jeans on his phone, as he stared at the stairs time and again. Brownie ran down grabbing his attention and ran past him to Heer making him frown. He was left alone in the hall, as Heer walked with the dog to the reading room and her footsteps made him turn. Ajabdeh was in a white knee-length dress teamed with red heels and a small red clutch. Her hair flew free in semi-circles and her eyes were highlighted with Kohl and she wore orange lipstick and a small pair of diamond earrings. Pratap looked a little taken aback as frankly, he didn't expect her in a dress, and neither did he expect she would dress up for him. He smiled faintly. She stared right at him for a second and looked away as his stares made her go red and blush.

"Chale?" He asked as she nodded. He walked out on the porch as she followed in silence. He held open the door of the yellow Audi R8 as she walked in. Shutting her door he walked to his side. He sat at the wheel and stared at her looking out when he asked "Music?" She agreed. The car was out on the road she smiled at him and then looked away. At the red signal, he stared at her looking out, her hands were on her lap, fiddling with her clutch. He took the hand in his as she stared at him and let go as he took the wheels again. Ajabdeh wrapped her hand around his arm and placed her head on his shoulder with a smile. He smiled a gleeful smile as she closed her eyes, her head still on his shoulders. The car was on the highway. Ajabdeh had no clue where he was taking her, all she knew was that it didn't matter as long as they were together. He took a turn through a small road on the left and they were atop a small hill. She saw the highway down from the place and opened her door to step out. The cool breeze blew her hair and dress. The clouds were gathering in the sky making it a little darker than the usual noon in Delhi. Pratap stepped behind her as her hair blew in the wind, on his face. He held her waist making her half turn to him as eyes met. "You remember..." He spoke softly. "Our secret picnics here, when we bunked classes!" She smiled. Bachkani harkat jo hoti hai hone de, Khushiyon ki Mili hai wajah...They smiled as the stereo played on. Kuch Hai Junoon sa, Kuch Pagalpan hai, Sau Baatein Karta Ye Buddhu Sa Mann Hai. He urged her to sing along as she ran to the car and turned off the stereo making him frown. 

"Pratap Singh's voice doesn't need the stereo to sing." She smiled. 

"All he needs is Ajabdeh Punwar to sing along." He smiled back.

" Really?" she raised her eyebrows. He walked up to the car and took out a container. "But after this!"

"Lunch?" She opened the boxes gleefully. 

"Wow! Paratha... Palak Paneer? Did you make this?" His soft nod made her smile. 

"Come let's sit down..." She sat down on the grass as he frowned looking around.

"Sit here!" She patted beside her.

"Your white dress will be ruined." He frowned. "Who cares!" She smiled a careless smile as she opened her shoes. He smiled sitting beside her and watching her eat. After lunch and listening to her chatter about how she saw Heer stare awkwardly at Shakti, he held her hand to make her stop. "Ajab." Her eyes met his. "Let's not talk of anyone else today." His smile made her blush in agreement as they watched the cars pass by and the trees sway in the wind. She removed the locks of hair off her face with her free hand as the other held his. He smiled staring. He always loved it when the wind played with her hair. The sound of thunder in the distance startled her as he smiled. "Still scared?"

"No!" she lied, looking away as he smiled again holding her hand tighter. A drizzle started as he got up to leave. "Then let's go!" He pulled the hand that was entwined. "No... let it be..." She smiled at the drizzle. 

"Someone hated rain in Surajgarh!" He taunted. 

"And someone loved it." She taunted back, standing up as the drizzle turned into a downpour. He stepped back letting her hand go as they drenched in the rain like teenagers. He saw her twirl, arms spread to welcome the droplets. He took her hand again as they matched steps after a long time. The rain had given way to the sun as she rubbed her wet hair with the towels she had no idea why he carried in his car. He was on the phone as she frowned at him from a distance. She walked up to him and took away the phone, snatching it. "Not today!" She said sternly. "Ok, ma'am." He smiled, surprising her with a hug as she hugged back. "Your wet hair..." He swept it aside. "Hmm?" She smiled. "Makes me crazy!" His words made her blush red as she looked away and said "N..N...Now what?"