Ch 11 (Final Chapter): The Frontrooms. A New Purpose

As the light dissipates I feel weight return along with my sight. Before I can even look around my ears are filled with the yells of an enraged Russian man.

"What the fuck!?" Yuri yells. "Where the fuck--! Who the--! Why am I--!"

"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down, man!" Kyle says behind me. Yuri takes a moment to collect himself before continuing. I look around and find that we are in the portal room.

"Where the fuck are we?" He asks angrily, pointing his finger at me. I simply look away from him and pan my vision around the room, searching for Malakesh. I find no trace of him in the room, but spot a faint yellow glow from the other room up the stairs. Without saying a word to any of them, as I should've from the beginning, I calmly march up the stairs and walk into the room. The "explanation" Kyle was telling Yuri fades as I walk through the doorway. I find Malakesh floating in front of the device that still suspended the Demonic Crucible in the air. With his back facing me, he flicks his wrist elegantly. His crystal quickly slots into place on the pedestal. A surge of yellow energy rushes through the entire fortress, engendering Kyle and Yuri to rush into the room and ask what was happening. Yuri less polite then Kyle with his word choice.

"I was simply reinvigorating the fortress with power to keep you three sustained." He then turns to me. "However, Great Slayer. I would like to converse with you in a more private setting." I motion for the guys to leave. Kyle makes a slight scuttle to the next room while Yuri simply nods and walks away. But before he could Malakesh tells him about the outer wing of the fortress that he could use as a workshop. With a not so gracious one-eighty, he heads off in the direction of his soon-to-be workshop. Whatever, I never used it anyway. "Well, now that we are alone, I would like to converse about the topic regarding the war I spoke of in my pris- The Backrooms." I'm listening. "Have you read the Bible, Great Slayer?" Yes, once. "Do you remember the Leviathan?" The giant beast that 'humanity is helpless to overcome'? Yes, but I've never seen it in person. Which is very surprising now that I think about it... "Yes, well, like the Demons of Hell it is not just a story." He pauses for a moment to think. "And you should be very great full that you have not had the chance to met it face to face, because you, Great Slayer - even with your power - would be dead..."

I takes a moment for the full implication of what he just said to completely set in, but when it does, it hits like a Freight Train. To think that something would be able to even scratch me after all this time is beyond shocking. "I understand it may be a lot to take in, but the truth is is that the world you know and the enemies you have faced, are but the tip of the iceberg. There are far, far worse out in the cosmos that could kill you in a matter of moments. The Leviathan being one of them." But I killed God! What could be any stronger than that? "Oh no, Great Slayer. Davoth was not God." He chuckles at the very idea. "Not even close. He was simply the god of your Multiverse." My Multiverse? There are others? "Oh yes, Great Slayer, an infinite amount to be exact." I stand there, taking in all this new information that was just stuffed into my face by a hydraulic press. He clears his throat. "If you are wondering why I mentioned the Leviathan, it is because it has begun a rampage of destruction like no other before it. It's first target being me." Why? "I do not know, Great Slayer, but during the fight I used all my power to seal it away in a single multiverse, trapping it within an endless loop of destruction. A temporary prison that will soon fail." Then how did you end up in the Backrooms? "Betrayal." The word stings. I have been the target of some nasty betrayal myself. "I do not know why, but the god of time -- another Primordial by the name of Teparok -- betrayed me, and sealed me inside. I do not know if he created the Backrooms or simply utilized it, but what I do know is that he stole my power and swept my disappearance under the rug. Even from Ywhe..."

His voice trails off as he loses focus, but quickly regains it. "That is why over my forced stay there, I devised a plan to take back control of the Multiverse and thwart his plans. Whatever they may be." And how the hell are we suppose to do that? "His corruption and grip on the Multiverse has spread like a plague, but if we do something significant enough in a single multiverse, then that multiverse will be cleared. I will gain a bit of my strength back, and yours will be boosted. We will also gain his attention." Solid plan, what about Kyle and Yuri? "I will clue them in later, but I must warn you Slayer. You will be venturing into unknown territory, as I do not have my foresight like I used too. Are you curtain you want to continue forward?" Yes. "Then let our work together commence." He sticks his hand out in search of a handshake, I oblige. "Now, Great Slayer, have you ever played the Super Mario series before?"

What?

End of Book One