He's not my husband, he's not even my boyfriend

Start from the beginning

JJ
You're the reason
I like white people!
Thank you for your
service Ms Hanes 🫡

I hate you 😐

JJ
Girl stfu you
know you love
this dark chocolate

Silly Lilly
JJ please 😭

JJ
My fault 😔

I finished my tables in fifteen minutes. I really didn't want to be late but I knew we were going to be. It's Friday so that means traffic is horrible.

_+_+_+_

I finished my tables in fifteen minutes yet we were still ten minutes late. My prediction about the traffic was correct. I made Jason drive as fast as he could yet we were still ten minutes late.

These people better be happy we even made it! I'm tired and I want to go home.

Halo and Atticus immediately left our sides to chat with their friends. Luckily, they were only a few feet away from us. I was not in the mood to go on a scavenger hunt!

Out of the corner of my eye I could see a woman walking towards Lilian, Fin, JJ, and I. Once she was close enough I saw she was the woman from Monday. The same woman I ran away from.

Turns out she was Miss Black and Miss Black is exactly how the kids described her. My confidence? No where to be seen.

"Good evening." She smiled.

"Hello!" Lilian spoke, I'm so sorry we were late. Somebody didn't know what shoes they wanted to wear. I'm Lilian by the way. Atticus is my
son and this is my boyfriend, Fin."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Your son is a
very bright boy. He's very smart and caring." Miss Black grinned.

"Really? Because at home he's a big meany who
doesn't know what the word 'share' means."
Lilian smirked.

She nodded before looking over at me and JJ. She was looking at me as if she was putting a puzzle together and a piece was missing. I think she recognized me.

I really didn't want her to.

"You look familiar." She said.

"I may or may not have ran away from you
Monday morning while I was picking up my
keys." I nodded awkwardly. She definitely recognized me...

"Hmm," she hummed, "Well that's a shame. I
wish you would've stayed we could've talked.

"You made me nervous," I blurted, "You are
in fact very pretty. Halo never shuts up about
you."

"Ahh, so Halo does belong to you. I see where
she gets her looks from."

Is she flirting with me right now? I'm not complaining but does she not see Jason standing next to me?

He very evidently didn't like that because I could see him mean mugging her. He was making her uncomfortable; I could see it in her face.

"I didn't catch either of your names."

"We didn't throw them." JJ glared.

"JJ!" I whisper-yelled.

"Im so sorry," I apologized. I'm Harlow and this is Jason."

He's doing exactly what I asked him not to do. He told me he wasn't going to yet he did it anyways. For fuck's sake why does no one listen to me?

"Nice to meet you Mister and Missus Hanes-" She began but I was quick to cut her off.

Me and JJ married? That's a damn knee slapper.

"Nope. No Missus. My last name is Hanes. His is Jackson."

"So he's not your husband?" She asked, she wore a puzzled look as she did so.

"Nope. He's not my husband, he isn't even my boyfriend." I answered.

This is what happens when no one uses their listening ears! Now I'm being judged by a pretty lady. I'm gonna beat his ass when we get home I swear.

1073 words

A/n: Thank you all so much for the reads! I wasn't expecting this book to gain this much attention (I say that a lot) so I thank you again for taking time out of your day to read this bullshit!! Also please comment your feedback would help me out a ton.
-Mj