Chapter 21: Y/N the Trollsitter

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "I don't know, but we're gonna find out."

Jim and Y/N nod at each other.

- Now In The Heroes Forge -

A metal hand reaches for an aperture in a stone wall. The familiar grunt that Y/N always made had accompanied the armored hand, revealing Y/N in his armor, climbing a not-so-smooth rock side as a rope dangled in the shadows.

On the opposite side of the not-so-smooth rock was Jim, as the rope connected the two Trollhunters.

The center of the rope, however, was being held by Aaarrrgghh, keeping the Trollhunters safe.

Jim grunts. "Help us get this straight," Jim said while he trained. His ears and eyes had caught the sound of gears turning within the walls, which only meant one thing. A stream of fire bursts out from the wall where Jim had previously been after quickly releasing one hand and swinging back. The fire barely grazed him as he watched with fear. After the fire died out, Jim returned to the place and carried on up the wall.

Y/N: "They steal babies... So they can replace them... With changelings?" Y/N asks from the other side as he, too, avoids a burst of fire and regains his bearings.

Blinky, Aaarrrgghh, and Toby watch from above.

Blinky: "Precisely, Master Y/N."

Toby: "Uh, allegedly steal. I just saw a bird."

Blinky: "And, for a changeling to maintain its appearance in our world, no harm must come to the human child in theirs. I assure you, there is no safer place for a baby to be than the bowels of the Darklands nursery."

While Blinky spoke down to his trainees, Jim had pressed his back against the wall, slowly inching to the extra rope that had been dangling down for him. On the other side of the border was Y/N, who was also trying to get to the string. The two teens smirk at each other, happy to see each other professing in training.

However, as Jim was inching to the safety rope, fire again appeared from the walls, frightening Jim.

Y/N: "That doesn't sound scary at all." Y/N replies to Blinky.

Jim: "Hey, I mean, it's good to know." Jim adds.

Above, Toby had fed Aaarrrgghh a tape as he spoke while continuing to provide the giant troll.

Toby: "Whoa! Hold on, there. Okay, suppose they did take the baby to the Darklands. Isn't that where Gunmar is trying to escape from?"

Blinky: "The doorway to his realm is sealed for now, but it doesn't forgive the cracks that inevitably form over time. Cracks that allow small things to pass." For emphasis on his words, Blinky brought his fingers up to his face and pressed his fingers almost together.

Aaarrrgghh: "Small, like babies and goblins."

Jim: "So, if we can find out whose baby was stolen..."

Y/N: "We'll find a changeling in its place!" Y/N exclaims, maybe a little too excited as he wasn't paying attention to the sound of gears turning on Jim's side.

Y/N: "Jim, watch out!"

More gears turned, shooting out more streams of fire; however, Jim was cornered. On both farthest sides of the young man, the fire appeared. And the ones closest to him had popped as well. Knowing the last one, where Jim stood, was about to fry the Trollhunter, Jim had jumped from the rock as the previous torch blew and clung onto the rock above him. Sadly, he had nothing to grip onto.