Eight

~Lyarra's POV~

We watch as this Albus Dumbledore disappeared, like one minute he was here and the next he circled around into a ball then nothing. Freaky. I expected this day to be nice and calm, figure out why my cheek hurts, why I felt like I was dreaming earlier when I wasn't, deal with becoming a woman—you know? If I was anyone else I might have been institutionalized for how crazy this all seems, but this all seems normal. Like a regular Tuesday. Good thing I don't have school—see the school I go to we start really early in the year and end early too, but now? Oh fuck.

"Um" looking at the letters then around as everyone stares at me "Was my mother a witch?" Looking at dad who stares at me "or what?"

"Um" dad mutters trying to think of something to say "your mother—I'm guessing since there was only one thing I know about her that she said she would tell you" he grumbles the last part.

"What?" I ask

"You got a letter from Hogwarts" dad changes the subject "do you want to go or not?"

Did dad really next change the subject? "Um" looking down I stare at the letter in my hands—the chance to learn about magic? Like actual magic? Also learn why I have dreams and can do things most in the coven can't? "Yeah" nodding my head "I'd like to go" I can see dad wanted me to say no, also Uncle Demetri but this is my life and I need to figure out what's happening.

"Well" Uncle Aro claps his hands "how wonderful! I guess we now know what kind of supernatural your mother was" yeah, that is true. I don't think I remember asking dad much about mom.

"Dad?" He looks at me "What was my mom like?"

"Why" dad suggests "we go to my room and I'll tell you about her?" Leaving the suite, we go to dad's room where I sit down on the couch staring at dad cross legged.

"Do I look like her?" I ask, he stares at me "my mother?"

"You do" nodding his head "especially your eyes, she also had purple eyes—your mother" dad says "I don't know much about her, but I do know she left you something" going to his closet he brings out a chest and a sword "this sword is called Dark Sister, it has been in your family for generations—meant for the women because of how it's shaped" unsheathing the sword, I can feel the power in the sword. It's also lighter than what I expected "it's made of a special steel called Valyrian Steel" waving to the chest "this chest only opens to you, no one else" I open and to find a bunch of books and letters "this necklace" dad pulls out a necklace with a wolf and a dragon pendant "your mother gave you as a baby"

 It's also lighter than what I expected "it's made of a special steel called Valyrian Steel" waving to the chest "this chest only opens to you, no one else" I open and to find a bunch of books and letters "this necklace" dad pulls out a necklace w...