"I know who she is," I cut her off abruptly. "Oh, that's wonderful! Anyway, Zac can I please have an alone time with Kylie. It's been a while and I thought I could catch up with her." Irene was completely oblivious from the hate daggers I was sending the couple and the evil glint in Mira's eyes and to Zac's surprisingly and painfully plain smirk.

Was he playing me this whole time? That's low. Even for him.

After the couple sent their "wishes" for Irene -- which I made faces at behind their backs, earning a glare from Irene (oh only if she knew) -- , they made a bee line for the door and exited the room.
After I heard the door click shut and their footsteps walking down the corridor, I turned to face a frowning Irene.

"What is your problem, Ky? Mira seems like such a nice girl and you look at her like she just killed a unicorn!" I wanted to object at her declaration of liking on Mira but shut myself up when I heard her last sentence, "Like Merlin's when Arthur killed that unicorn and cut off its horn?" I questioned as I quirked my eyebrow with an amused smile. She nodded her head, "Yes, just like that. Exactly like that!" She exclaimed.

I shook my head and forced myself to get back on the main problem. "You don't get it Ryn! Zac asked me out a month ago and I said yes! Not only that but that Mira chic tried to kill you by unplugging that shitty ass machine that's keeping you alive!" I explained to her in between gasps of air as I tried to regain my cool. I was hyperventilating and in the brink of sobs. Irene's mouth was covered by her knuckle as she looked shocked. "She's the cause of all that screaming, wasn't she?" She whispered to thin air with wide eyes full of horror and I nodded solemnly.

"Oh those sons of bitches are gonna pay! Who the hell do they think they are, marching up here and lying to me, playing my parabatai's feelings and trying to kill me?" She ranted under her breath as she threw the covers off her lower body and maneuvered her legs to the edge of the bed, ready to jump off. I was a step away from preventing her from falling but am surprised to see that she can stand perfectly on her. Miraculous recovery, if you ask me. She took her IV pole in her hand and walked to the door with it.

"I'm gonna give 'em a piece of my mind! Who the hell would-" she didn't need to step out the door because suddenly, Zac pushed the door open after knocking lightly. I stiffened and all emotion was washed away as Irene narrowed her eyes at him in hatred. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Where did you get the nerve to step in here again?" Irene seethed at him. I shook my head at her and tried to pull her away from Zac. He might be a jerk but Irene is as sadistic as the devil himself despite her innocent facade. It was a deception. A mastered deception. And even though I loathe the guy, I won't wish Irene to release her wrath on anyone and I may or may not have feelings for him that have yet to burn itself.

"What's going on? Babe?" I wanted to punch his face as much as Irene does the second the word left his mouth. "Don't you 'babe' me, you douchebag! Cut the crap and start explaining, you fucktard." I spat at him while trying to hold Irene back from ripping him to shreds. Before, I would've thought that I was imagining the smirk on his face but now, I know that it was real and not just my imagination. "Took you long enough, you stupid bitch," He smirked and I know my face is slightly twisted in hurt. "Oh don't make that face, you don't actually think I'll fall for you after what you did to Mira, did you? She's my world. You shouldn't expect anything less after you insulted her. I truly did like you as a friend but after you verbally abused Mira, my respect for you flew out the window." He explained, picking at his nails and carrying that careless facade while Irene just got angrier and angrier by the second.

"So practically saying, you're her bitch." Irene hissed at him and I flinched at her choice of words. That's gotta sting. "I'm sure there's a compliment there somewhere," I heard the guy muttered. "Oh so now you're a Vampire Academy geek boy? You bring shame onto the fandom itself!" When Irene's on a roll, no one can stop her.

"Were the boys in this?" I asked Zac quietly and to my relief, he shook his head. "They declined my pretty sweet deal. Some friends they are." This time it was my turn to snap at him, "They'll be better than you will ever be." Zac shook his head with that smile and I knew in that second that the whole thing was a sham for sure, how could my life spiral down to heartache in a matter of a couple of months.

A couple of months back, if you came to me and told me that I'm going to lose my heart and be played, I'm gonna laugh at your face to the point where my parents are going to send me off to some mental institute but now, it's like everything I thought was true was turned upside down. We're standing in my best friend's hospital room, committed in because she was suffering from leukemia and possibly die from it and the guy I've fallen for just confessed that what he did the past couple of months were faked and broke my heart into pieces of shards.

People say that things don't happen out of coincidence and I really do believe in that theory. I believe that the Gods have a plan for each and everyone of us but standing here, right now makes me question their plans for me.

I don't know what their plans are or what is in store for me but something that I know for sure is that I'm not liking it.