{ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ }

REQUEST BY : @Eddie-Munsxn-

WARNINGS FOR THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER >
(Self-unesteem)
(Romance)

ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴜɴᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ, ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏɴ.

******

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐒 - Eddie is 19, Chrissy is 18.

CHRISSY POV ~

I apply my makeup on, trying to blend in the pink blush. I close the pallet and slowly lift my gaze to the mirror. 

My refection almost makes me jump. Will everyone make fun of me for having 'Too much make-up?'
I'm sure not, my friends are quite loyal, and I'm quite popular.
But no one knows me outside of school. In school I act like I'm happy as ever, faking smiles, forcing laughs. 

I sigh and let the main thought get to me. What will Eddie think? He's waiting outside to see how I look before I go with Jason. Will he think I'm ugly? He's never seen me with my hair down, what if he thinks it's greasy? That I'm too over-weight because this dress practically sticks right to my skin?

It's a pretty dress, pale blue with short frilled sleeves and a short skirt attached to it. Will he think my thighs are too thick? Why am I even worrying what my best friend will think, not my actual date to prom?

I tear my eyes away from the mirror to quit making self assumptions and slowly creak the door open, gazing at Eddie to see his expression. 

His eyes grow wide when I enter and I smile subtly. "What do you think?" I ask, stepping out of the door frame.

His mouth falls open but no words emerge. I bite my lip in worry. "Too over-the-top?"

"No. No, Chris." He sighs. "You look... stunning. Beautiful."

I feel blood rush to my cheeks and a smile creep up my face. I curl my hair. I am about to say thank you, but he speaks first.

"I'm sure... uhm... Jason is going to loose his mind."

My smile fades, and I don't know why. His face looks so... dissapointed. I gulp. "Thanks."

<><><><><>

Jason opens the car door so I have to stop resting my head on the window. I put on my best smile.

"After you." He smiles.

I nod in thanks and step out the car, taking his hand and walking into prom.I can't help but wonder if  Eddie is coming, but I shake off the thought and walk in.

The room in lit with disco lights, and the music is slow but has a beautiful beat. My gaze turns to the bar, and the punch looks soooooooo good. All different flavours of fruity drinks. Jason gives my hand a small pull as he takes me to the dance-floor. 

I laugh subtly as he twirls me around to the flow of the music, swaying gently afterwards. 

I rest my head on his shoulder, then look up at him. "Can I go and get some punch? It looks so good."

He smiles. "Of course, Babe."

I let go of him and walk slowly over to the bar in my blue high-heels. There is no one attending the bar, so I grab the large silver spoon and scoop some raspberry juice. Then suddenly, I hear a familiar voice says: "Hey." And I look up to see Eddie behind the bar.

I gasp. "Oh my god. Eddie?!" My face lights up as I see him.

"That's me." He says, laughing and reaching to pat me on the head. 

"Why the hell are you working behind a bar?" My eyes skim his apron. 

"I know. It's s***." He laughs and I giggle with him, real this time. 

We are silent for a while, until he takes his apron off and walks over to me, offering me his hand. "Wanna dance?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Oh gosh. Sure!" I take his hand, and we both run into the centre of the floor. 

We seem to arrive just in time for the next song. "Are you a good dancer?" He asks.

"I guess?" I half-ask, moving my body to the beat. I see Eddie grinning, then follow his gaze. 

Jason is standing open-mouthed in the middle of the floor, watching us dance way better than he can. Maybe Eddie is perfect for me.

He plants a small kiss on the top of my head and I smile.

He is perfect for me.